Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

TAP Air Portugal participates in USA TSA ✅PreCheck program

Old Aug 12, 19, 8:59 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

Those departing the USA can avail themselves of the TSA PreCheck trusted traveler program to process airport security if they’re PreCheck approved and have their Trusted Traveler number in the flight record. (Added because there seems to be no thread on this; TAP was added earlier in 2019.)
Old Aug 13, 19, 12:00 am

Programs: CA Gold/ UA 1K.. Marriott/SPG Platinum
Yes, used it on their SFO-LIS flight in July. Unfortunately, TP did not update their system to allow a passenger to add their KNT number during booking/check in. So, give it to the check in agent at the airport.
JDiver likes this.
Old Aug 14, 19, 12:19 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, VS Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by minhaoxue View Post
Yes, used it on their SFO-LIS flight in July. Unfortunately, TP did not update their system to allow a passenger to add their KNT number during booking/check in. So, give it to the check in agent at the airport.
I swear mine was saved in my profile. But, you are correct - when I did OLCI no pre-check. The agent at the airport added it (you do need to provide them the number) and re-printed the boarding pass with pre- check.
Old Today, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Platinum & Ambassador
I had experience of this in February days after TAP was included.

At check-in I offered my KTN but the agent said they had no way to enter it into her system but somehow she got 'Pre' printed on the BP bit said that it still might not work when scanned by the TSA agent at the Pre lane entrance.

Luckily it did.

Seems a little off that an airline had to make various changes to it's IT systems to be able to join Pre yet failed to change it's booking / check-in systems at the same time to allow passengers to enter their KTN.

Mind TAP at LHR asked to see my ESTA despite it being an Electronic system. Go figure.