FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/tap-air-portugal-miles-go-767/)
-   -   TAP Air Portugal participates in USA TSA ✅PreCheck program (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/tap-air-portugal-miles-go/1982738-tap-air-portugal-participates-usa-tsa-precheck-program.html)

JDiver Aug 12, 2019 8:59 pm

TAP Air Portugal participates in USA TSA ✅PreCheck program

Those departing the USA can avail themselves of the TSA PreCheck trusted traveler program to process airport security if they’re PreCheck approved and have their Trusted Traveler number in the flight record. (Added because there seems to be no thread on this; TAP was added earlier in 2019.)

minhaoxue Aug 13, 2019 12:00 am

Yes, used it on their SFO-LIS flight in July. Unfortunately, TP did not update their system to allow a passenger to add their KNT number during booking/check in. So, give it to the check in agent at the airport.

ctbarron Aug 14, 2019 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by minhaoxue (Post 31410070)
Yes, used it on their SFO-LIS flight in July. Unfortunately, TP did not update their system to allow a passenger to add their KNT number during booking/check in. So, give it to the check in agent at the airport.

I swear mine was saved in my profile. But, you are correct - when I did OLCI no pre-check. The agent at the airport added it (you do need to provide them the number) and re-printed the boarding pass with pre- check.

UKtravelbear Aug 17, 2019 6:23 am

I had experience of this in February days after TAP was included.

At check-in I offered my KTN but the agent said they had no way to enter it into her system but somehow she got 'Pre' printed on the BP bit said that it still might not work when scanned by the TSA agent at the Pre lane entrance.

Luckily it did.

Seems a little off that an airline had to make various changes to it's IT systems to be able to join Pre yet failed to change it's booking / check-in systems at the same time to allow passengers to enter their KTN.

Mind TAP at LHR asked to see my ESTA despite it being an Electronic system. Go figure.

FindAWay Sep 15, 2019 9:15 am

Has anyone found a way to add KTNs via phone agent (or online) to existing reservations yet? Or, must I still ask at the airport?

snicko Sep 15, 2019 6:49 pm

FWIW - Recent flights on TP236 (SFO - LIS) I did not get PRE. Was just looking through my account profile on TAP's site and there is indeed no spot for the KTN. Interestingly enough, TAP is saying that its valid at EWR, JFK, Boston or Miami ( https://www.flytap.com/en-us/at-the-...3-ff9a14ac1d98 ).

I'll see about getting the KTN added at the airport next time around..

minhaoxue Sep 15, 2019 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by FindAWay (Post 31527355)
Has anyone found a way to add KTNs via phone agent (or online) to existing reservations yet? Or, must I still ask at the airport?

Faster to do it at check in at the airport. When I reached out to them on their Twitter account they wanted me to send them all my info from my name to passport info..

snicko Sep 24, 2019 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear (Post 31425997)
I had experience of this in February days after TAP was included.

At check-in I offered my KTN but the agent said they had no way to enter it into her system but somehow she got 'Pre' printed on the BP bit said that it still might not work when scanned by the TSA agent at the Pre lane entrance.

Luckily it did.

Seems a little off that an airline had to make various changes to it's IT systems to be able to join Pre yet failed to change it's booking / check-in systems at the same time to allow passengers to enter their KTN.

Mind TAP at LHR asked to see my ESTA despite it being an Electronic system. Go figure.

They use Amadeus for everything - its clearly a bit of a budget setup for their reservation system. I'm surprised you don't have the option to add a KTN to the PRN online either.. so.. *shrug*

returnoftheyeti Sep 30, 2019 3:16 am

Online check in today allowed me to add my KTN. I know have TSA Pre on my boarding pass for LIS-SFO

snicko Oct 2, 2019 5:14 am

Weird - I didn't see that for my latest SFO - LIS flight during OLCI. I endedup having them add it at the bag counter.

FindAWay Oct 4, 2019 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by snicko (Post 31585486)
Weird - I didn't see that for my latest SFO - LIS flight during OLCI. I endedup having them add it at the bag counter.

During OLCI for ORD-LIS (opened 24-hr prior to departure), I was able to add a KTN at the step pictured below by clicking "Additional Security Info". Oddly, when checking 4 pax on a single PNR, the options below were only available for the 1st passenger; so, I recommend checking-in each passenger separately -- when I did this I was able to enter separate KTNs for each passenger.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...3258495db3.jpg
TAP KTN

milepig Nov 26, 2019 12:20 pm

Well, this is interesting. We're flying in a few days on mileage tickets booked via United.

My TAP record didn't include my Passport information, so I went ahead today and typed it in.
I did NOT get the "additional security info" link showing above, but after I completed the Passport stuff, the e-receipt that TAP sent me included my KTN - which they must have gotten from UA with the reservation. How odd that the PP stuff didn't make it over the fence, but the KTN did!

FindAWay Nov 26, 2019 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by milepig (Post 31779494)
Well, this is interesting. We're flying in a few days on mileage tickets booked via United.

My TAP record didn't include my Passport information, so I went ahead today and typed it in.
I did NOT get the "additional security info" link showing above, but after I completed the Passport stuff, the e-receipt that TAP sent me included my KTN - which they must have gotten from UA with the reservation. How odd that the PP stuff didn't make it over the fence, but the KTN did!

Interesting!

Regarding the bolded - Yeah, I saw those only during OLCI - I don't recall seeing that any earlier than OLCI.