Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

Stopover app not recognizing my booking as Stopover

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2019, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat

I'll be flying DUB-LIS/LIS-YYZ next Saturday/Sunday, booked as a 1-day stopover business fare (arrive LIS @1:30p Saturday, depart LIS @6:30p so over 24-hours). As I've visited, and enjoyed, Lisbon a few times, there were just a couple of things I wanted to check-out so a longer stay was not necessary.

This morning I received an email from TAP inviting me to download the Stopover app and receive discounts and other perks while in the city. However, when attempting to sign in with my booking code and name, I get the response that I am not booked on an eligible fare. Not the most critical issue, but odd. (The email also notes for my DUB-LIS flight there is both fast track and lounge access at DUB, but previous threads suggest there is no longer lounge access at DUB (or many other outports). I do have Priority Pass for the same lounge at DUB TP would use so that's not really an issue. But just odd all these little inconsistencies.

Two other matters:

1. Reading the lengthy lines at immigration, wondering if this also applies to those arriving from a Schengen country...though Ireland seems to have dubious status given it's "border free" link to the UK, which is not a Schengen country.

2. Are there shops airside that sell moderately-sized souvenir Barcelos Roosters at a reasonable mark-up over what I'd pay in the city? Don't want to carry these gifts from city shops to the airport if I don't have to. (I know I can buy bottles of port airside and thus not worry about taking them in my carryon.)
Old Jul 28, 2019, 3:39 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
1. Ireland is not part of Schengen, so you have to go through immigration. 1:30pm can be hit and miss immigration line-wise.
6:30pm is the tail end of the afternoon bank of international flights, I wouldn't expect it to take too long at immigration.

2. Most likely.
Shareholder likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.