Does TAP ever release two award seats?

Old Sep 14, 18, 3:54 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 568
Does TAP ever release two award seats?

In lieu of starting an entirely new thread...can someone tell me if TAP ever releases two (I) award seats?
mrstraveler is offline  
Old Sep 15, 18, 6:23 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: AMS/RTM
Posts: 2,402
Originally Posted by mrstraveler View Post
In lieu of starting an entirely new thread...can someone tell me if TAP ever releases two (I) award seats?
It depends on the route I guess, but I got two business seats on AMS-LIS-PDL without problems about 4 months out.
malmostoso is offline  
Old Sep 17, 18, 10:33 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 568
Originally Posted by mrstraveler View Post
In lieu of starting an entirely new thread...can someone tell me if TAP ever releases two (I) award seats?
Originally Posted by malmostoso View Post
It depends on the route I guess, but I got two business seats on AMS-LIS-PDL without problems about 4 months out.

Thanks I actually found two seats leaving out of EWR...could not find any availability whatsoever leaving out of JFK. The Azores huh...does your AMS-LIS-PDL route include stopovers?
mrstraveler is offline  
Old Sep 18, 18, 1:34 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: AMS/RTM
Posts: 2,402
Originally Posted by mrstraveler View Post
does your AMS-LIS-PDL route include stopovers?
That really depends on the rules of your FFP of choice. I was trying to get to PDL as quickly as possible so I didn't even try to book a stopover.
malmostoso is offline  
Old Sep 18, 18, 3:20 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 568
Originally Posted by malmostoso View Post
That really depends on the rules of your FFP of choice. I was trying to get to PDL as quickly as possible so I didn't even try to book a stopover.

FFP...I booked using Lifemiles. According to THIS article TAP recently starting allowing stopovers up to five days. Not sure if this applies to award travel, but I would want to spend at least a week in Portugal in anyway.
mrstraveler is offline  
Old Sep 18, 18, 4:55 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: somewhere between Europe and Africa, from SFO
Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
Posts: 7,668
Originally Posted by mrstraveler View Post
FFP...I booked using Lifemiles. According to THIS article TAP recently starting allowing stopovers up to five days. Not sure if this applies to award travel, but I would want to spend at least a week in Portugal in anyway.
It only applies to revenue, not award, travel. You can always do a cheap Ryanair flight LIS-PDL or vice-versa.

Also remember that SATA has free connecting flights within the azores.
Palal is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread