Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

Welcome / Bem-vindos to the new TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go Forum!

Welcome / Bem-vindos to the new TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go Forum!

Old Jul 18, 2019, 2:31 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Smile Welcome / Bem-vindos to the new TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go Forum!

A hearty Bem-vindos a fórum TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go!

On 14 July 2019, contributing member ISTFlyer posted to The Suggestion Box forum suggesting creation of a TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go forum (link). About 50% of new threads in the “Other European Airlines” forum concerned TAP. Others added their endorsement, and Community Director Carol SanDiego1K opened the new forum today.

We have started this forum by moving all the ~600 TAP related threads into the new forum, but if we have missed any please use the “Alert the moderator to this post” function to notify the Senior Moderators and request the thread(s) in question be moved here.

Also different, for now this new forum has an appointed Moderator. Briefly, to introduce myself, I’ve moderated a number of years, including stints on GEnie and CompuServe (Travel Forum). I began my FT service with the American Airlines | AAdvantage forum, served the standard four year term as Senior Moderator and now have added this forum to my portfolio (American Airlines | AAdvantage, FlyerTalk Cares, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback and The Suggestion Box fora). A couple of these are slow, others have been organized for user friendliness, so I’ve volunteered to jump in here because of your eagerness and support to launch this new forum.

My goals are to keep this forum welcoming and friendly, as intended by the FlyerTalk Rules (link) we all agreed to abide by when we were granted membership, and to curate this forum to make it easy to use and to find information on. None of that would be possible for a Moderator to do, as it relies on the shared knowledge, positive and mutually respectful attitudes of FlyerTalkers.

We already have the benefit of having some very knowledgeable members and a good base of information. I’ll try to provide some curatorial support, help establish some master threads and Wikiposts - maintained by members as indicated in the wording introducing every Wikipost:

Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
Your communication, feedback and suggestions will be vital to my work jere. You can communicate with me easily through the “Alert the moderator to this post” function to notify me of recommendations, misplaced posts, spam, Rules violations, errors, etc. (In particular, I’ve had eye surgery earlier this year that though it restored distance vision, uncovered an inoperable condition that challenges my near vision; I’m working on adapting to that, but I’m capable of typographical errors amplified by the vicissitudes of autocowrecked function on my computing devices.) I’m excited and looking forward to our collaboration in growing FlyerTalk’s newest forum!

Muito obrigado,

JDiver, Moderator, TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go forum

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 18, 2019 at 5:03 pm
Old Sep 3, 2019, 9:53 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I’ve begun an aircraft GUIDE series of threads, and will be working on these in upcoming weeks. It’s slow progress, for eyesight related reasons described above. The first ones are:

GUIDE: TAP Air Portugal Airbus A319-100 link

GUIDE: TAP Air Portugal Airbus A320-200 and A320neo link

GUIDE: TAP Air Portugal Airbus A321-200 and A321neo link

GUIDE: TAP Air Portugal Airbus A321LR link

GUIDE: TAP Air Portugal Airbus A330-900neo link

GUIDE: TAP Air Portugal Airbus A340-300 / A343 (retiring 2019) link

GUIDE: TAP Air Portugal Express ATR 72-600 link

AStarr and FT-Diplomat like this.

Last edited by JDiver; Sep 7, 2019 at 4:43 pm
Old Mar 11, 2020, 7:31 am

Is there a list of TAP booking classes and their "hacking order"?
Old Jun 8, 2021, 6:29 am

Programs: tap, ual, aa, alaska, delta, jetblue
Angry TAP appeal customer service contact info

Hi, Does anyone have advice on how to escalate an issue to TAP management please? I am a Gold Miles&Go member and have a ticket that from USA to Europe that allows for one free change 21 days out, yesterday. Despite phone and twitter DM no response. So I'd like to appeal the matter. Thank you!
Old Oct 30, 2021, 3:07 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Hi, noob question here: I find it very hard to understand the fare classes on TAP. For example, how do I find out which fare a flight LIS - NYC in economy discount will have? Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.