Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

TP Carryon (above limit) options from LHR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2019, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

Funny question: I arrive from a BA T5 Longhaul connecting to a TP flight, 2h5m connection (unrelated tickets)

I will have a bit large carryon (fine for longhaul with status, I doubt works for intra europe TP) and a backpack.

Is there a place in T2 -airside- I can send it (I have a cheapo ticket and happy to pay whatever it costs). I cannot go landside.

Alternatively EF is showing the flight is rather empty, just head to the flight, if they let me board fine, if they gate check it for me for free or ask me to pay, also fine. Any issues? (what I don't want is "you cannot fly")
Old Jul 2, 2019, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by seaskybound
Is there a place in T2 -airside- I can send it (I have a cheapo ticket and happy to pay whatever it costs). I cannot go landside.
I won't comment on the risks inherent in having unrelated tickets and that you are not strictly speaking connecting.

Not sure what you mean by this but if you are asking is there a post office airside you can use to send a large item like a case to somewhere else (home / office) then the answer is no.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
I won't comment on the risks inherent in having unrelated tickets and that you are not strictly speaking connecting.

Not sure what you mean by this but if you are asking is there a post office airside you can use to send a large item like a case to somewhere else (home / office) then the answer is no.
In the middle of T5 they have a service desk. You can check bags there, conveyor and all (of course only bags that have made it airside). Such exist at T2 for TP?

Does TP police bag sizes stongly at T2? (Etc)
Old Jul 2, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Worst case scenario - you can gate-check the carry-on I wouldn't volunteer it unless they ask you to. No need to go landside, just do it at the gate if they ask.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 2:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
T2 gate staff are all contracted and tend to apply the limits quite ruthlessly in economy and sometimes in business though generally less so. In the worst case they'll gate check it and charge you for it. If you're in business you can have two pieces anyway and there's not so much scrutiny of the business line up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.