Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

Cancelling and getting a refund from TAP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancelling and getting a refund from TAP

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2020, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by ChateauMargaux
When I look at my upcoming TAP flight in June, it no longer shows up on TAP or Google Flights. What does this mean? Should I wait for its cancellation, or request for a travel voucher now +20% bonus?
Please refer my earlier post on how to check whether your flight has been canceled. If you don't want a refund and are OK with a voucher, you can take it even if your flight is not canceled as long as your first flight was until September 30, 2020, and as long as the ticket was issued by May 15.
Old May 22, 2020, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by jladouceur
imverge,

TD Canada Trust tells me I need proof of cancellation before they will commence the charge back process even though my YYZ - LIS flight on June 15 has vanished from TAP's website. When I check my Manage Reservation the details are of course still there. Did you receive an actual cancellation notice from TAP?
Welcome to FT

No I did not receive a notification. I checked their website and entered my info under Manage Reservation. It showed the flight as cancelled. I did take a screen shot for my records but TD did not ask me for it.
Old May 23, 2020, 5:35 am

Programs: Virtuoso TA, UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by GarudaSoars
Please refer my earlier post on how to check whether your flight has been canceled. If you don't want a refund and are OK with a voucher, you can take it even if your flight is not canceled as long as your first flight was until September 30, 2020, and as long as the ticket was issued by May 15.
When I look up my reservation, my return flight LIS-USA no longer shows up. The roundtrip flight now shows up as one way. On the page does not say if it is canceled. There also isn't a button for refund/voucher.

Last edited by ChateauMargaux; May 23, 2020 at 5:40 am
Old May 23, 2020, 1:09 pm

My Bookings API error 500

Last night and today when I attempted to check on the status of my trip, Boston to Lisbon on May 30th and Lisbon to Boston Return on June 6, I receive an error message that says: "Some API error has happened: 500" and the site will not pull up my booking information.

Is anyone else having issues viewing their bookings in the manage bookings section? - I was attempting to see if my flights were officially cancelled since I never received any e-mail correspondence regarding cancellation from TAP about either flight.
Old May 23, 2020, 1:31 pm

When I look up my reservation, my return flight LIS-USA no longer shows up. The roundtrip flight now shows up as one way. On the page does not say if it is canceled. There also isn't a button for refund/voucher.
Don't log in to your account. Use the, "Manage Reservation" option at https://www.flytap.com/en-us/ If the flight is canceled, there will be a notification right on top. If you want a voucher regardless of whether the flight has been canceled, you can request it at https://reembolsos.flytap.com/Refund...=backToSubflow (as long as yout ticket meets the conditions highlighted earlier).
Old May 25, 2020, 4:36 am

Programs: Virtuoso TA, UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Platinum
Don't log in to your account. Use the, "Manage Reservation" option at https://www.flytap.com/en-us/ If the flight is canceled, there will be a notification right on top. If you want a voucher regardless of whether the flight has been canceled, you can request it at https://reembolsos.flytap.com/Refund...=backToSubflow (as long as yout ticket meets the conditions highlighted earlier).
I did not log into my account. There is no notification on top. My roundtrip flight, USA-LIS-USA, which used to show up as two flights (USA-LIS, LIS-USA) now shows only USA-LIS.
Old May 25, 2020, 12:58 pm

I did not log into my account. There is no notification on top. My roundtrip flight, USA-LIS-USA, which used to show up as two flights (USA-LIS, LIS-USA) now shows only USA-LIS.
Best to call TAP Air Portugal and ask whether the missing flight has been canceled.
Old May 26, 2020, 8:04 pm

I am impressed, TAP reached out via email and text to let me know my flight is canceled and my refund to my cc is confirmed. Just waiting for it to show up.
Old May 27, 2020, 7:18 am

Cruising Mickey......are you booked from USA? I am guessing this as this thread shows that US booked flights are receiving much better attention,refunds etc that european based passengers,.....
Old May 27, 2020, 7:43 am

My flights have been cancelled for next month for over 3 weeks now and I haven't received single communication from TAP. I am departing from US and am a US citizen.
Old May 27, 2020, 8:15 am

Checking back on this thread TAP seem to respond to US based customers especially if you use/quote your DOT which seems to have more clout in at least some cases.The EU seems to carry much less weight and I haven't seen a single successful refund mentioned for a European based customer but quite a few US based customers are at least getting into a dialogue with TAP.And I think you have to take the initiative.....the advice further back on the thread is very useful to at least make a start.....
Old May 27, 2020, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
I am impressed, TAP reached out via email and text to let me know my flight is canceled and my refund to my cc is confirmed. Just waiting for it to show up.
Would be great if you can let us know when your refund shows up on your credit card. One of my itineraries was refunded by TAP on May 7 (20 days ago) but the refund is yet to show on my credit card.
Old May 27, 2020, 11:43 am

My DME-LIS-ORD flight, which I booked through Amex Travel, was just cancelled. I called Amex and they said that TAP's issued me a voucher, which I said I didn't want. They are escalating to see if they can get me a refund.

Is there any way to get the carrier contract for my particular ticket? I can't seem to find it anymore. Nothing comes up when I pull up the ticket on TAP's or Amex's website. I'm almost certain that it originally said that if the ticket was cancelled, I was entitled to a refund.
Old May 27, 2020, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Traveler56789
My DME-LIS-ORD flight, which I booked through Amex Travel, was just cancelled. I called Amex and they said that TAP's issued me a voucher, which I said I didn't want. They are escalating to see if they can get me a refund.

Is there any way to get the carrier contract for my particular ticket? I can't seem to find it anymore. Nothing comes up when I pull up the ticket on TAP's or Amex's website. I'm almost certain that it originally said that if the ticket was cancelled, I was entitled to a refund.
The relevant part of the CoC is in this post.
Traveler56789 likes this.
Old May 27, 2020, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by debbie64
Cruising Mickey......are you booked from USA? I am guessing this as this thread shows that US booked flights are receiving much better attention,refunds etc that european based passengers,.....
My flight was Budapest to Lisbon to Newark (one way flight only, not roundtrip). I'm also a USA Citizen, not sure if that matters. I booked directly via the TAP US site.

Would be great if you can let us know when your refund shows up on your credit card. One of my itineraries was refunded by TAP on May 7 (20 days ago) but the refund is yet to show on my credit card.
Will definitely circle back and let you know. Good luck with yours and everyone else, good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.