TP Seat reservation for Star Gold

Old Jun 14, 19, 5:54 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: LIS
Programs: BA GGL,CCR, SPG Gold , HH DIAMOND , Priority Club ,
Posts: 152
TP Seat reservation for Star Gold

Hi All,

Just booked two tickets for myself and significant other half from LIS to MAN in Y (Basic tariff) with TP, and assigned my UA Premier Platinum (Star Gold) in manage my booking, went to select seats, and this is showing as payable only ! !.

With my BA Gold card, its free seat selection at time of booking on any Oneworld carrier, what's the deal with TP and Star Alliance ! !

Thank you all and have a great weekend.

RGMD11
RGMD11 is offline  
Old Jun 15, 19, 3:53 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,103
If you preselect but don't pay you can then go to OLCI within max 3 hours of the flight and change them to different ones and then back again. Your pre-selection will hold until this time.

However, be aware if you have a connection (I see you don't) the staff will struggle to check you in because the second segment will not yet be open and the system will demand payment for the pre-selected seats.

It really is a faff.

Also be aware that allegedly, TP won't pay for the (crap) lounge in MAN.
hugolover is offline  
Old Jun 15, 19, 7:26 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: London, UK.
Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver - renewed on only two sectors and no other OW flying, is BA desperate?.
Posts: 1,198
Unfortunately free seat selection in economy is not a *G perk.
lhrpete is offline  
Old Jun 15, 19, 8:15 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: somewhere between Europe and Africa, from SFO
Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
Posts: 7,668
Originally Posted by lhrpete View Post
Unfortunately free seat selection in economy is not a *G perk.
This.

And TP is not the only one. Do a search for this and you'll see the workaround. (free selection at T-3 hrs prior to the flight segment departure time)
pnt1 likes this.
Palal is offline  
Old Jun 15, 19, 7:22 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: LIS
Programs: BA GGL,CCR, SPG Gold , HH DIAMOND , Priority Club ,
Posts: 152
Originally Posted by Palal View Post
This.

And TP is not the only one. Do a search for this and you'll see the workaround. (free selection at T-3 hrs prior to the flight segment departure time)
So i have selected a couple of seats in the forward part of the cabin (extra space), so am i correct in saying that if i check-in within 3 hours of departure i do need to pay the seat change fee which is currently showing as owed !.

Thanks
RGMD11 is offline  
Old Jun 16, 19, 7:15 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: somewhere between Europe and Africa, from SFO
Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
Posts: 7,668
Originally Posted by RGMD11 View Post
So i have selected a couple of seats in the forward part of the cabin (extra space), so am i correct in saying that if i check-in within 3 hours of departure i do need to pay the seat change fee which is currently showing as owed !.

Thanks
If you check in 3 hrs before the segment, you should be able to get these seats for free.
Palal is offline  
Old Jun 20, 19, 4:12 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
Posts: 159
I hope this is the right thread. I am flying LAX to FRA on LH in PE, and connecting in FRA to TAP in coach to LIS. I have seats on LH leg but have not been assigned seats on the TAP leg. Any suggestions on get seats preassigned?
Srklaw7 is offline  
Old Jun 24, 19, 7:56 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Munich, Algarve, Sussex or S.F Bay Area
Programs: BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Gold
Posts: 2,856
Originally Posted by Srklaw7 View Post
I hope this is the right thread. I am flying LAX to FRA on LH in PE, and connecting in FRA to TAP in coach to LIS. I have seats on LH leg but have not been assigned seats on the TAP leg. Any suggestions on get seats preassigned?
You will be assigned TP seats at check-in and they will likely be in the rear of the aircraft where the legroom is less than Ryanair. Use the TAP online check-in 3 hours or less before departure and change to decent seats and these will be free. I have previously done this from the air using LH WiFi too
Tafflyer is offline  
Old Jun 24, 19, 10:36 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Toronto
Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Posts: 2,908
Does * alliance Golds and Silvers still get free bags on TAP?
HomerJ is offline  
Old Jun 24, 19, 1:09 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: somewhere between Europe and Africa, from SFO
Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
Posts: 7,668
Originally Posted by HomerJ View Post
Does * alliance Golds and Silvers still get free bags on TAP?
Golds yes, silver no (as elsewhere)
Palal is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread