TP Seat reservation for Star Gold

Old Jun 14, 19, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL,CCR, SPG Gold , HH DIAMOND , Priority Club ,
TP Seat reservation for Star Gold

Hi All,

Just booked two tickets for myself and significant other half from LIS to MAN in Y (Basic tariff) with TP, and assigned my UA Premier Platinum (Star Gold) in manage my booking, went to select seats, and this is showing as payable only ! !.

With my BA Gold card, its free seat selection at time of booking on any Oneworld carrier, what's the deal with TP and Star Alliance ! !

Thank you all and have a great weekend.

RGMD11
Old Jun 15, 19, 3:53 am

If you preselect but don't pay you can then go to OLCI within max 3 hours of the flight and change them to different ones and then back again. Your pre-selection will hold until this time.

However, be aware if you have a connection (I see you don't) the staff will struggle to check you in because the second segment will not yet be open and the system will demand payment for the pre-selected seats.

It really is a faff.

Also be aware that allegedly, TP won't pay for the (crap) lounge in MAN.
Old Jun 15, 19, 7:26 am

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver - renewed on only two sectors and no other OW flying, is BA desperate?.
Unfortunately free seat selection in economy is not a *G perk.
Old Jun 15, 19, 8:15 am

Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
Originally Posted by lhrpete View Post
Unfortunately free seat selection in economy is not a *G perk.
This.

And TP is not the only one. Do a search for this and you'll see the workaround. (free selection at T-3 hrs prior to the flight segment departure time)
pnt1 likes this.
Old Jun 15, 19, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL,CCR, SPG Gold , HH DIAMOND , Priority Club ,
Originally Posted by Palal View Post
This.

And TP is not the only one. Do a search for this and you'll see the workaround. (free selection at T-3 hrs prior to the flight segment departure time)
So i have selected a couple of seats in the forward part of the cabin (extra space), so am i correct in saying that if i check-in within 3 hours of departure i do need to pay the seat change fee which is currently showing as owed !.

Thanks
Old Jun 16, 19, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by RGMD11 View Post
So i have selected a couple of seats in the forward part of the cabin (extra space), so am i correct in saying that if i check-in within 3 hours of departure i do need to pay the seat change fee which is currently showing as owed !.

Thanks
If you check in 3 hrs before the segment, you should be able to get these seats for free.
Old Jun 20, 19, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
I hope this is the right thread. I am flying LAX to FRA on LH in PE, and connecting in FRA to TAP in coach to LIS. I have seats on LH leg but have not been assigned seats on the TAP leg. Any suggestions on get seats preassigned?
Old Jun 24, 19, 7:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Srklaw7 View Post
I hope this is the right thread. I am flying LAX to FRA on LH in PE, and connecting in FRA to TAP in coach to LIS. I have seats on LH leg but have not been assigned seats on the TAP leg. Any suggestions on get seats preassigned?
You will be assigned TP seats at check-in and they will likely be in the rear of the aircraft where the legroom is less than Ryanair. Use the TAP online check-in 3 hours or less before departure and change to decent seats and these will be free. I have previously done this from the air using LH WiFi too
Old Jun 24, 19, 10:36 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Does * alliance Golds and Silvers still get free bags on TAP?
Old Jun 24, 19, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by HomerJ View Post
Does * alliance Golds and Silvers still get free bags on TAP?
Golds yes, silver no (as elsewhere)

Search this Thread