FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/tap-air-portugal-miles-go-767/)
-   -   TP Seat reservation for Star Gold (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/tap-air-portugal-miles-go/1974040-tp-seat-reservation-star-gold.html)

RGMD11 Jun 14, 2019 5:54 pm

TP Seat reservation for Star Gold

Hi All,

Just booked two tickets for myself and significant other half from LIS to MAN in Y (Basic tariff) with TP, and assigned my UA Premier Platinum (Star Gold) in manage my booking, went to select seats, and this is showing as payable only ! !.

With my BA Gold card, its free seat selection at time of booking on any Oneworld carrier, what's the deal with TP and Star Alliance ! !

Thank you all and have a great weekend.

RGMD11

hugolover Jun 15, 2019 3:53 am

If you preselect but don't pay you can then go to OLCI within max 3 hours of the flight and change them to different ones and then back again. Your pre-selection will hold until this time.

However, be aware if you have a connection (I see you don't) the staff will struggle to check you in because the second segment will not yet be open and the system will demand payment for the pre-selected seats.

It really is a faff.

Also be aware that allegedly, TP won't pay for the (crap) lounge in MAN.

lhrpete Jun 15, 2019 7:26 am

Unfortunately free seat selection in economy is not a *G perk.

Palal Jun 15, 2019 8:15 am

Originally Posted by lhrpete (Post 31205101)
Unfortunately free seat selection in economy is not a *G perk.

This.

And TP is not the only one. Do a search for this and you'll see the workaround. (free selection at T-3 hrs prior to the flight segment departure time)

RGMD11 Jun 15, 2019 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by Palal (Post 31205209)
This.

And TP is not the only one. Do a search for this and you'll see the workaround. (free selection at T-3 hrs prior to the flight segment departure time)

So i have selected a couple of seats in the forward part of the cabin (extra space), so am i correct in saying that if i check-in within 3 hours of departure i do need to pay the seat change fee which is currently showing as owed !.

Thanks

Palal Jun 16, 2019 7:15 am

Originally Posted by RGMD11 (Post 31206761)
So i have selected a couple of seats in the forward part of the cabin (extra space), so am i correct in saying that if i check-in within 3 hours of departure i do need to pay the seat change fee which is currently showing as owed !.

Thanks

If you check in 3 hrs before the segment, you should be able to get these seats for free.

Srklaw7 Jun 20, 2019 4:12 pm

I hope this is the right thread. I am flying LAX to FRA on LH in PE, and connecting in FRA to TAP in coach to LIS. I have seats on LH leg but have not been assigned seats on the TAP leg. Any suggestions on get seats preassigned?

Tafflyer Jun 24, 2019 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Srklaw7 (Post 31223694)
I hope this is the right thread. I am flying LAX to FRA on LH in PE, and connecting in FRA to TAP in coach to LIS. I have seats on LH leg but have not been assigned seats on the TAP leg. Any suggestions on get seats preassigned?

You will be assigned TP seats at check-in and they will likely be in the rear of the aircraft where the legroom is less than Ryanair. Use the TAP online check-in 3 hours or less before departure and change to decent seats and these will be free. I have previously done this from the air using LH WiFi too ;)

HomerJ Jun 24, 2019 10:36 am

Does * alliance Golds and Silvers still get free bags on TAP?

Palal Jun 24, 2019 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by HomerJ (Post 31234457)
Does * alliance Golds and Silvers still get free bags on TAP?

Golds yes, silver no (as elsewhere)