TAP Lounge JFK T5... does it exist?

Old Mar 11, 19, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Gold (E+) TK Elite (*G)
TAP Lounge JFK T5... does it exist?

Does TAP have a lounge at JFK T5? If not is there an alternative?
Old Mar 11, 19, 7:28 pm

Programs: AC E50K, AS MVP, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Delta/Marriott/SPG Plat, UA Gold
The only lounge in T5 is operated by Aer Lingus.

Airspace lounge was available to eligible passengers, but it has been closed as of last August (2018).
Old Mar 11, 19, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Repooc17 View Post
The only lounge in T5 is operated by Aer Lingus.

Airspace lounge was available to eligible passengers, but it has been closed as of last August (2018).
Thank you for for clarifying!
Old Mar 11, 19, 7:48 pm

Thatís not clear. Can I use the Aer Lingus lounge in JFK T5 if I fly TAP business or not? What if I have Star Gold status?
Old Mar 12, 19, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Platinum & Ambassador
What does it say on the TAP website?.
af fp likes this.
Old Mar 12, 19, 4:26 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
TP doesn't show any lounge available in JFK: https://www.flytap.com/de-de/am-flughafen/lounges
af fp likes this.
Old Mar 12, 19, 8:58 am
Original Poster

A related question would appreciate insight. I will most likely be arriving at JFK T4 for my TAP flight to LIS departing from T5 (two separate itinerarys). Would I be allowed in to the Swiss lounge at T4, with a same day TAP eco. fair as *Gold (TK). I know I should be allowed, but should is not always reality by the dragons.... Does any of you have any experience in this regard?
Old Mar 24, 19, 8:48 pm

I took TP 208 from JFK T5 to LIS earlier this month and the check-in agent told me that the lounge was "under construction". I had no time to enjoy the lounge anyway, so I didn't investigate further. Perhaps a contract lounge is undergoing renovations?
Old Mar 25, 19, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mmff View Post
I took TP 208 from JFK T5 to LIS earlier this month and the check-in agent told me that the lounge was "under construction". I had no time to enjoy the lounge anyway, so I didn't investigate further. Perhaps a contract lounge is undergoing renovations?
I hope it's the case and it will be up and running by May.... If everything else fails there is always the Wingtips Priority Pass lounge in T4. But that is probably not an alternative if you would like some "quiet time". The last time I was there, it were more crowded than the terminal
Old Mar 25, 19, 5:08 am

I will be going to use the swiss business class lounge in terminal 4 and then just go to T5 for my flight
Old Mar 25, 19, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by LondonBoundSW8 View Post
I will be going to use the swiss business class lounge in terminal 4 and then just go to T5 for my flight
Is the airside connection between terminals easy?
Old Mar 25, 19, 7:00 am

I had a google and search on this forum, lots of topics about going to terminals at JFK you're not flying from. Seems to be by law allowed, but up to TSA staff if they let you through, and the lounges, yes you can go any star alliance when flying business, no idea about how it applies if star alliance member, presume the same. You have to go through security twice though by sounds of it as the transport between termnials is pre-security from what i can gather. Guess just allow time!
Old Mar 25, 19, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mmff View Post
Is the airside connection between terminals easy?
​​​You have to leave the airside part of the terminal to get from T4 to T5. But it's a very short (outside) walk. I gues it takes 3 minutes, so don't try to get there any other way as it will be considerably more time consuming.

Last edited by GR15; Mar 25, 19 at 8:14 am
Old Mar 25, 19, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonBoundSW8 View Post
I'll try it to and hope they will let me in, on a TAP eco fair as TK *G.
Old Mar 25, 19, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by GR15 View Post
​​​You have to leave the airside part of the terminal to get from T4 to T5. But it's a very short (outside) walk. I gues it takes 3 minutes, so don't try to get there any other way as it will be considerably more time consuming.
I don't think I'll ever endure US security checks twice in order to spend a hour or so at a C lounge. I'm not sure I'd do it even if there were an FCL oasis on the other side...

[RANT]
The other day at JFK T5 priority security checkpoint the floor was absolutely disgusting (dust, hair balls, even empty soda cans and used starbucks cups laying around...) and they didn't think it would be appropriate to stop asking people to take off their shoes and involuntarily use their socks to sweep their floors. They even laughed at me when I asked for plastic discardable socks of the kind you find at most airports where you're required to take your shoes off. It was only at the end of it that I realized that most people were placing their shoes not directly on the x-ray belt but inside the plastic bins where others would later place their jackets, wallets and briefcases. What a way to start a TATL trip at the end of a very long work day...
[/RANT]

Search this Thread