Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

How to select seats on TAP site under Manage Booking?

Old Jan 19, 19, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I am able to pull up the itinerary on an Aeroplan award, but I cannot see anywhere on the TAP website that allows me the select seats. Basically there does not seem such a function at all.

It is a business class MIA-LIS onA339 and LIS-VCE onA321, departure is in Sept, if that matters.
Old Jan 20, 19, 10:52 am

Programs: UA 1K
When viewing your reservation on the TAP site, you should be able to select seats under the additional services tab.
Old Jan 20, 19, 11:35 am

If for some reason you can't find the way to do it online, just call them at +351 21 843 11 00. You can also reach them on Skype, their id is tap.contact.center.
Old Jan 22, 19, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jsl42 View Post
When viewing your reservation on the TAP site, you should be able to select seats under the additional services tab.

The "seat" under Services is grayed out with an x in front of it. According to TAP FAQ, one cannot select seat if the ticket is not bought online from TAP.
In fact nothing is clickable on TAP site inside the reservation which does show up with the PNR.

Originally Posted by mmff View Post
If for some reason you can't find the way to do it online, just call them at +351 21 843 11 00. You can also reach them on Skype, their id is tap.contact.center.
I will try their 800 number first. Hope they can take care of it. There also does not seem to have an A339 seatmap yet.

Last edited by Happy; Jan 22, 19 at 1:01 am
Old Jan 22, 19, 2:36 am

Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
If you are not able to select a seat, I wouldn't worry about it too much. There's usually plenty of good seats at check-in, as they tend to block a number of rows until then.
Old Jan 22, 19, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I filled out the Contact Us online form last night asking how to select seats.

Just took a look of the reservation, saw on the 339 we were assigned 3E 3F, and on the 321 we are given 3C 3D.

No idea a 3E and 3F position on the 339. I wish there is a seat map for 339 but on TAP site, it has no seat map of any kind. At least I dont know where to find it - after checking all possible tabs I could not find any seat map for any of its plane.

The 3C and 3D on 321 I suppose is the aisles. The 321 sucks but not much we can do about it as this is TAP's shorthaul plane,

Last edited by Happy; Jan 22, 19 at 8:51 pm
Old Sep 27, 19, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
I am flying business on LH LAX to FRA. Connecting in FRA to TAP to London. I do not have seats for the TAP leg. Its all one class. How do I reserve 2 seats together and when can I do this?
Old Sep 28, 19, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by Srklaw7 View Post
I am flying business on LH LAX to FRA. Connecting in FRA to TAP to London. I do not have seats for the TAP leg. Its all one class. How do I reserve 2 seats together and when can I do this?
Just call in.
Old Oct 10, 19, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
Thanks for the help. I called TAP directly. I have about a 30 min wait time but once I got a human, they were great. We are fly a 319 and they were able to get me great seats in the 4th row. Bot h seats adjoining. Thanks
Old Oct 11, 19, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Srklaw7 View Post
Thanks for the help. I called TAP directly. I have about a 30 min wait time but once I got a human, they were great. We are fly a 319 and they were able to get me great seats in the 4th row. Bot h seats adjoining. Thanks
I usually call them on skype (id: tap.contact.center) when I need to. It makes the wait time a little more bearable when I don't pay for it and keep my phone line free to receive other (potentially important) calls.

Search this Thread