Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

Any luck with the TAP 50% off awards promotion?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2019, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP

Hi Everyone,

I'll be in Lisbon in March and am looking for an award flight home. I recently heard about a promotion that TAP is running that allegedly cuts the mileage cost of flights in half through March and I'm therefore hoping to be able to book LIS-EWR in business for 25,000 miles. However, despite showing availability on March 26th which should be within all promotion restrictions the flight is pricing at 50,000. I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck booking tickets under this promotion or even getting the discount to show up when searching for availability. At this point it seems like a sketchy proposition to transfer Marriott/SPG points without knowing if the promotional rate is actually bookable.

Thanks for any data points on this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:12 pm

TAPs normal price is 100k each way. The sale is 50k each way not 25k.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP
Thank you for clarifying that; those are truly abysmal regular rates! I'll take a hard pass this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.