Wiki Posts
Search

CI Baggage for *A Gold on TAP?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold, Qatar Privilege Club Gold
CI Baggage for *A Gold on TAP?

Normally European carriers doesn't have CI Baggage for Discount pax even with status, but I checked TAP's website, for *A G member there are extra baggage, is this also capable for discount fare?

I am curious about this since I read a thread about A3 can carry an extra baggage in discount fare, and someone told me TAP has similar policies with A3.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 3:12 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Officially - no. In practice, it's been reported that you can get a single piece on a discount fare with *G, but YMMV.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Palal
Officially - no. In practice, it's been reported that you can get a single piece on a discount fare with *G, but YMMV.
So it is possible to have a CI baggage? As my last post, I am going to MXP and I will do a lot of shopping so i really need an answer. Thanks.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by jerrythegreat12
So it is possible to have a CI baggage? As my last post, I am going to MXP and I will do a lot of shopping so i really need an answer. Thanks.
If you want to be sure, buy a ticket with baggage included. Then you are guaranteed a +1.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
This has been discussed here recently https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...ortugal-3.html with some reports saying you can get away with one piece checked in for free.

I myself will check that out on Sunday morning so I will report back, as I will ask for one piece checked in for free, despite I have booked the cheapest fare. Fingers crossed.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JFSV
This has been discussed here recently https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...ortugal-3.html with some reports saying you can get away with one piece checked in for free.

I myself will check that out on Sunday morning so I will report back, as I will ask for one piece checked in for free, despite I have booked the cheapest fare. Fingers crossed.

Thank you so much if you can report back.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by jerrythegreat12
Thank you so much if you can report back.
Confirmed - I was able to check one piece for free. Already at the time you do online check in it is asking you if you want to check any bags and that your (free) allowance is one.

Old Dec 23, 2018, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JFSV

Confirmed - I was able to check one piece for free. Already at the time you do online check in it is asking you if you want to check any bags and that your (free) allowance is one.

Great!Now i can do a lot of shopping in milan LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.