CI Baggage for *A Gold on TAP?

Old Dec 11, 18, 8:05 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: SHA,CPH
Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold, Qatar Privilege Club Gold
Posts: 196
CI Baggage for *A Gold on TAP?

Normally European carriers doesn't have CI Baggage for Discount pax even with status, but I checked TAP's website, for *A G member there are extra baggage, is this also capable for discount fare?

I am curious about this since I read a thread about A3 can carry an extra baggage in discount fare, and someone told me TAP has similar policies with A3.
jerrythegreat12 is offline  
Old Dec 12, 18, 3:12 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: somewhere between Europe and Africa, from SFO
Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
Posts: 7,659
Officially - no. In practice, it's been reported that you can get a single piece on a discount fare with *G, but YMMV.
Palal is offline  
Old Dec 12, 18, 6:50 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: SHA,CPH
Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold, Qatar Privilege Club Gold
Posts: 196
Originally Posted by Palal View Post
Officially - no. In practice, it's been reported that you can get a single piece on a discount fare with *G, but YMMV.
So it is possible to have a CI baggage? As my last post, I am going to MXP and I will do a lot of shopping so i really need an answer. Thanks.
jerrythegreat12 is offline  
Old Dec 17, 18, 12:36 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: HAG
Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Posts: 2,151
Originally Posted by jerrythegreat12 View Post
So it is possible to have a CI baggage? As my last post, I am going to MXP and I will do a lot of shopping so i really need an answer. Thanks.
If you want to be sure, buy a ticket with baggage included. Then you are guaranteed a +1.
Fabo.sk is offline  
Old Dec 21, 18, 7:55 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: New York
Programs: Krisflyer Elite Gold, BAEC Bronze, Amex Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 361
This has been discussed here recently https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...ortugal-3.html with some reports saying you can get away with one piece checked in for free.

I myself will check that out on Sunday morning so I will report back, as I will ask for one piece checked in for free, despite I have booked the cheapest fare. Fingers crossed.
JFSV is offline  
Old Dec 21, 18, 8:38 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: SHA,CPH
Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold, Qatar Privilege Club Gold
Posts: 196
Originally Posted by JFSV View Post
This has been discussed here recently https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...ortugal-3.html with some reports saying you can get away with one piece checked in for free.

I myself will check that out on Sunday morning so I will report back, as I will ask for one piece checked in for free, despite I have booked the cheapest fare. Fingers crossed.

Thank you so much if you can report back.
jerrythegreat12 is offline  
Old Dec 23, 18, 7:41 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: New York
Programs: Krisflyer Elite Gold, BAEC Bronze, Amex Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 361
Originally Posted by jerrythegreat12 View Post
Thank you so much if you can report back.
Confirmed - I was able to check one piece for free. Already at the time you do online check in it is asking you if you want to check any bags and that your (free) allowance is one.

JFSV is offline  
Old Dec 23, 18, 7:55 am
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: SHA,CPH
Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold, Qatar Privilege Club Gold
Posts: 196
Originally Posted by JFSV View Post

Confirmed - I was able to check one piece for free. Already at the time you do online check in it is asking you if you want to check any bags and that your (free) allowance is one.

Great!Now i can do a lot of shopping in milan LOL
jerrythegreat12 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread