Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gate-checking with TP (LIS-LHR)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2018, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Gate-checking with TP (LIS-LHR)

Does anyone have any recent experience gate-checking a stroller (or bag) at LIS on a TP flight to LHR? I'm hoping they deliver them at the aircraft at LHR but I'm afraid they just send them to the carousel.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 12:25 am

I guess you want the stroller to go from the gate in LHR through security and immigration, and I can't really help you there, but at LIS there are public strollers you can borrow after security if you just want to check yours in. Sorry I can't be more helpful!
Old Nov 27, 2018, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by malmostoso
I guess you want the stroller to go from the gate in LHR through security and immigration
This is indeed what I'm hoping for. TP wrote me an email stating that strollers are delivered at the aircraft door but I'm not sure they can actually guarantee this at LHR.
at LIS there are public strollers you can borrow after security if you just want to check yours in. Sorry I can't be more helpful!
Unfortunately, I don't have a proper bag I could use to check the stroller. I do have a
waterproof nylon cover by NimNik waterproof nylon cover by NimNik
to protect it from dirt while in the hold but I don't think it would survive the trip(s) from/to the carousel, especially at LIS. I hope that gate-checking eliminates at least one of these perilous paths for the stroller, as it will go directly from the jetbridge into the hold.
Sorry I can't be more helpful!
No worries, thanks anyway!
Old Dec 9, 2018, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Answering my own question: no delivery at aircraft at LHR, all strollers go to the carousel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.