Wiki Posts
Search

TAP Lounge Question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2018, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1k - Hilton Diamond
TAP Lounge Question

Question on the TAP lounge in LIS - Wife and I are *G and flying business on UA - It looks like there is a nice TAP lounge in the Schengen area - We will be fying in from EWR - Is there a way to access this lounge before clearing customs or is the only way to go back through security? Thanks!
Old Aug 26, 2018, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by maltman1
Question on the TAP lounge in LIS - Wife and I are *G and flying business on UA - It looks like there is a nice TAP lounge in the Schengen area - We will be fying in from EWR - Is there a way to access this lounge before clearing customs or is the only way to go back through security? Thanks!
NYC is pretty firmly outside the Schengen area, so you will be just as firmly outside the Schengen part of Lisbon's airside area. Unless you are connecting to a further destination, you'll be decanted through passport control into the baggage collection area.

I've no idea if the lounge can be used by Schengen arrivals, and sadly you are not going to be able to find out for us. But it's a short trip into the city, so you'll be in your hotel soon enough
Old Aug 27, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
You cannot use this lounge on arrival, only on departure, so unless you have a connecting flight, there's no way you'll get to use it. The lounge is in the Schengen area, so even if you have a connection you have to go through passport control and security to reach it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.