FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/tap-air-portugal-miles-go-767/)
-   -   TAP 332's and exit rows (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/tap-air-portugal-miles-go/1905672-tap-332s-exit-rows.html)

zackery149 Apr 23, 2018 3:49 pm

TAP 332's and exit rows

I am buying a ticket for a friend: REC-BCN. I am thinking of purchasing the exit row on the REC-LIS; LIS-REC legs for the additional leg room.
Not being at all familiar with TAP some questions:

1. I note there are 5 versions of the 332. If I reserve exit rows by the seat map of booking and there are equipment changes are the odds good that his seat assignment will migrate to the equivalent exit row? (Reading about TAP appears they are a lousy airline to deal with if things go "south", and these seats are $100 a pop).

2. Is the food in economy edible ?

3. I have several layover option times in Lisbon before onward to BCN, how is TAP for on-times?

Rather speculative, some of my questions I know, but what I read about TAP service does not instill confidence so I would like to minimize his chances of screwups.
Thanks

LHR/MEL/Europe FF Apr 27, 2018 4:32 am

Originally Posted by zackery149 (Post 29675647)
I am buying a ticket for a friend: REC-BCN. I am thinking of purchasing the exit row on the REC-LIS; LIS-REC legs for the additional leg room.
Not being at all familiar with TAP some questions:

1. I note there are 5 versions of the 332. If I reserve exit rows by the seat map of booking and there are equipment changes are the odds good that his seat assignment will migrate to the equivalent exit row? (Reading about TAP appears they are a lousy airline to deal with if things go "south", and these seats are $100 a pop).

2. Is the food in economy edible ?

3. I have several layover option times in Lisbon before onward to BCN, how is TAP for on-times?

Rather speculative, some of my questions I know, but what I read about TAP service does not instill confidence so I would like to minimize his chances of screwups.
Thanks

Can't answer the transfer of the exit row for certain, but one assumes if there is an equipment change they won't be putting other passengers into that row for free. So you should have a good chance. If not, you can do a charge-back by credit card (can you purchase the exit row as a separate transaction from the main ticket? That is, after ticketing, go back and pay to 'upgrade' to an exit? That would make charge back easier.)

Yes the food is edible.

If your connecting flight is all on the one ticket it doesn't really matter, if you miss the first flight they will put you on the next.

bosflyer93 Apr 29, 2018 11:11 am

I recently flew two of their retrofitted 332's between Boston and Lisbon and paid for an exit row, row 25/26, along the wings. Excellent amount of leg room. Close to bathroom and opposite the jump seat FA for take off/landing. For ~$30 it was worth it. Version 3 and 5 of TAP planes on Seat guru are the updated ones, but not that accurate for row 25/26. Expert flyer seat map is better. As the flight comes up you can track which equipment you will be on and note if its one of the upgraded versions (see thread on FT that discusses this).

Food in economy was actually surprisingly good. Economy meal, but not terrible.

All 4 of my TAP flights were on time and had no issues.