Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance Gold Benefits - TAP Portugal

Star Alliance Gold Benefits - TAP Portugal

Old Dec 6, 21, 8:08 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold
Originally Posted by cockpitvisit View Post
Is it not enough to show the boarding pass and the SEN card at the lounge entrance to get in? The lounge would be in LIS.
For lounge access, yes. For everything else that comes with the status, not really.
Old Dec 6, 21, 11:19 am

Programs: TK Elite
As stated above you add your FFP during OLCI - works without issues. No need to call or spend time on this in advance trying to get the # in the reservation.
Old Dec 9, 21, 6:42 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Is it not enough to show the boarding pass and the SEN card at the lounge entrance to get in? The lounge would be in LIS.
It's enough for the lounge, but you need to have the number in the system to use fast track.
Old Dec 13, 21, 5:03 am

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
Originally Posted by Palal View Post
With *G and a hand baggage only fare you get:
Lounge access = yes
Priority boarding and security = Yes
Hand baggage = 1+1
Free checked in luggage = none (*G benefit does NOT apply)
Seats = pay in advance or at check-in, free 3 hours before departure.
Is this no check in luggage for *G policy still on? I was going to book a TAP flying having *G status but if I cant get free check in luggage I will check other options...
Old Dec 13, 21, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by sodaisei View Post
Is this no check in luggage for *G policy still on? I was going to book a TAP flying having *G status but if I cant get free check in luggage I will check other options...
Yesterday it was possible to add a 2nd piece of luggage for free. But I think you have to book at least TAP Basic. I think you have to pay for it when booking TAP Discount
Old Dec 13, 21, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, LH, QR, SV, TK

​​​​​​https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33726399-post67.html
Old Dec 14, 21, 7:44 am

I was flying with TAP on this weekend (hand luggage only fare). After the input of my LH SEN number during OLCI, the app allowed adding one free piece of check in luggage during check in.
Old Dec 15, 21, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was flying with TAP on this weekend (hand luggage only fare). After the input of my LH SEN number during OLCI, the app allowed adding one free piece of check in luggage during check in.
But that really shouldn't be a surprise:

Click on the "i"information button and it tells you the rule applies even to bag-free fares
Old Dec 15, 21, 8:06 am

It is not a surprise, but I believe the point cockpitvisit is trying to make is that you add the FFP during Tap OLCI (and there is no need to try doing it in advance nor to become frustrated and post Q in this forum about how to add FFP to the reservation)
cockpitvisit likes this.
Old Dec 27, 21, 2:42 am

Programs: UA Gold
I am a * Gold and bought my flight < 24 H prior to departure. I purchased the cheapest fare - Discount traveling AGP-LIS. The flight is operated by White Airways on an ATR72. Since the departure was less than 24h, I was checked in automatically after purchase and asked to provide my Star Alliance partner info for status. I added 1 checked bag on the check in just in case.

Traveling with my Rimowa and large backpack, I never went to bag check and proceeded directly to security. Boarding started later and they didnt check my backpack or carry on size/weight, instead focusing on documents.

Bonus on the ATR - it actually fits my all of my luggage in the overhead bin and no one had to gate check their bags. The flight is only 25% full, though.

happy & safe traveling to all. Very glad I wasnt put through the ringer on size and weight.
cockpitvisit likes this.
Old Jan 18, 22, 11:31 am

Programs: $9 Fare Club
TAPs objectively awful website is leading me to believe seat fees are waived for Silver/Gold, but I see on here its only 3hrs prior to departure - I can't see that qualification anywhere on the website?
Old Jan 18, 22, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ChurnieEls View Post
TAPs objectively awful website is leading me to believe seat fees are waived for Silver/Gold, but I see on here its only 3hrs prior to departure - I can't see that qualification anywhere on the website?
It isn't on the website. And, as far as I know, there is no three-hour rule.
Old Jan 19, 22, 1:50 am

No free ASR with TP.
You will be assigned a seat during OLCI which you will be able to change from 1 hour before departure; otherwise talk to check-in counters or gate staff.
Old Jan 19, 22, 10:58 am

Programs: $9 Fare Club
That's really something of a non-benefit then in my eyes.

Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post
It isn't on the website. And, as far as I know, there is no three-hour rule.
The Gold/Silver benefits as to seat assignment are very opaque - however above in the thread (from 2018 admittedly) the 3hr data point is mentioned.
Old Jan 19, 22, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's really something of a non-benefit then in my eyes.
Maybe some carriers offer such privileges outside their own elites, but it's simply not a *A benefit.

TAP is generous in allowing non-TP *G a free bag on is "lite" fares.

however above in the thread (from 2018 admittedly) the 3hr data point is mentioned.
I think that simply highlighted a glitch in the system.

Search this Thread