Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

TAP interlining with Azores on separate tix?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2018, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

If I have a ticket for LIS - PDL on Azores/SATA, is it a bad idea to buy a ticket on TAP for FAO - LIS with a 1:15 hour layover? I think Azores probably would have sold me that ticket if I had been thinking about it, but I am unsure if anyone interlines these days on separate tickets. Would it work if we just had carryon?
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
TP interlines with Azores airlines, but they won't do it on separate tickets. 1:15 is not enough to connect on separate tickets with luggage. It can take up to 45 mins to get your bags from the time you land, and SATA closes their bag drop 60 mins prior to the flight. Either fly in earlier, or take the train.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. I figured as much. I was planning on taking the train but coming from Lagos it seems I'd have to switch at Tunes (or take the bus), which might mean I lose a good chunk of a day in travel. We could maybe keep the rental car longer (although I'd like drive as little as possible, esp. around Lisbon). But now the airfares are looking higher than I thought anyway so at least flying probably doesn't make sense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.