Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

TAP discount fare - do they usually put you next to spouse?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2018, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Heading to Lisbon and purchased the discount fare where they auto assign seats. So they usually put you next to your spouse or is it completely random? Any way to ensure I sit next to her? It's not mandatory but it's preferred of course.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:36 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
If it's on the same PNR - you should be seated next to each-other if you check in at T-36h.
You can change it to whatever's left at T-3 hours for free.
GBM.flights likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Exactly as Palal said. IME I've had Pax on the same PNR seated next to each other as auto-assigned on check-in between T-36h and T-24h. (so they don't actively separate Pax. for now :-) )
To be sure ahead of this time you'd have to make a seat reservation. During the auto-assign if you are not happy with your seats you can always pay for what is still available (note between T-36h and T-3h if you want to move seats you still have to pay for them)
Old Feb 1, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold
yup, just checked in at T-36 for my wife and me to Seville from Geneve with a layover in Lisbon. We were seated automatically and together although we have to pay if we want to move for now.
Good to know we can change it at T-3 hours for free!
Old Aug 30, 2018, 4:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Palal
If it's on the same PNR - you should be seated next to each-other if you check in at T-36h.
You can change it to whatever's left at T-3 hours for free.
Question: can the free change at t-3 hours be done online?
Old Aug 31, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Deleted

Last edited by schriste; Sep 1, 2018 at 2:22 pm Reason: Deleted
Old Sep 2, 2018, 4:22 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by leafs123
Question: can the free change at t-3 hours be done online?
Yes - through any channel - online/kiosk/GA/phone/...

I've had cases where I've checked in at T-36 online, checked bags at T-6 (the ground handler at BCN was kind enough to let me do that) and went to the lounge to kill some time. At T-3 I moved myself to a better seat.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Palal
Yes - through any channel - online/kiosk/GA/phone/...

I've had cases where I've checked in at T-36 online, checked bags at T-6 (the ground handler at BCN was kind enough to let me do that) and went to the lounge to kill some time. At T-3 I moved myself to a better seat.
Awesome! Will give it a shot then!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.