Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TAP vs. Vuelling BCN-LIS

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2018, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

TAP vs. Vuelling BCN-LIS

Hi - doing this one-way in April, short flight so not a big deal, but any reason to prefer one over the other? I'll have one checked piece of luggage and I'm 6'0". Prices are similar from what I've seen so far.

Thanks
Old Jan 24, 2018, 5:48 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Price it out, including the luggage and the seat (if you want pre-assigned seating) and see what's better.

If you're *G, no free bags on the cheapest TAP tariffs. A free sandwich/drinks in Y on TP (assuming the crew doesn't end up doing a work-to-rule on that flight).

If you book using avios, the VY flight would include a bag and an assigned seat. Food/drinks are not free. Higher chance of using the jetbridge instead of a bus transfer to the terminal at LIS.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:41 am
Original Poster

thanks! Are the experiences in regards to seating pretty similar on the two carriers?
Old Jan 25, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
You can see that when you look up flights with Google Flights - they show the seat width.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:47 am
Original Poster

I find some of the seat maps aren't always up to date, which is why I asked. I also saw that TAP is refitting some of its planes.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 1:14 pm

IMHO TP has better seats. New TP seats are also slimline, but they're more comfy than VY's.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

ok thank you
Old Jan 27, 2018, 8:20 am

I had the same decision to make and chose TAP in the end. They also recognized star alliance gold and upgraded me (which just means an empty middle seat plus lunch).
Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Is the A320 significantly better than the A319? My understanding is that the former has gotten updated seats.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:24 pm

TAP is a reasonable good product. As *G I even got a free luggage on their cheapest fare (it said no free luggage, after adding *G upon checking, it said 1 piece free, not entirely sure if true or not since I didn't needed it) - anyway, their seats are pretty decent, miles ahead of Vueling (who is among the worst LCC's of all regarding seating), and as *G you'll get lounge access with TAP. Plus, free food (reasonable sandwich) and drinks - even with refill, if you want.

If prices are similar I'd DEFINITELY go with TAP, and even pay a rather big premium (for such a short route, probably approx 50-60€ one-way on top the same Vueling fare)
Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by sjackson12
Is the A320 significantly better than the A319? My understanding is that the former has gotten updated seats.
Most A320 also have upgraded seats.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:10 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold
I just booked away from tap because of the checked baggage fees. I'm star gold but the website says basic fares arent eligible. Can anyone confirm that for next time I'm tempted. How can They get around the *G rules. Even united gives basic economy one bag W *G
Old Jan 30, 2018, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by bbmatt
I just booked away from tap because of the checked baggage fees. I'm star gold but the website says basic fares arent eligible. Can anyone confirm that for next time I'm tempted. How can They get around the *G rules. Even united gives basic economy one bag W *G
half of Star alliance dont give free bags anymore..

Air NZ started it.. Whole LH Group does it..etc
Old Jan 31, 2018, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

I ended up doing the flight with the A320. Anyone know why the plane has 29 rows but on Seat Guru the A320 has 28? Is that due to the redesign?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.