Search

TAP lounge closed Dec 7 - 23

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2017, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BAEC Gold
TAP lounge closed Dec 7 - 23

Dear Customer,

In order to better respond to the needs and suggestions of our Customers, we inform you that the TAP Lounge at Humberto Delgado Airport - Lisbon will be closed between 7 and 23 December for works to improve the space.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

TAP Air Portugal
Old Dec 6, 2017, 5:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BAEC Gold
I'm not familiar with LIS, but I'll be there for a few hours during the closure and was hoping there was somewhere else to relax? Maybe an alternative Star Alliance or PP lounge?
Old Dec 6, 2017, 6:09 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
WHA??? They just opened it!

There's the ANA (airport operator) lounge next door which is comparable, but the food is not as good.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 5:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL/AF Ivory
I got caught out by this yesterday when connecting through LIS. I had used the TAP lounge on my outbound flight a few days earlier, so was rather surprized, particularly as this seems to be almost an on the spur of the moment decision.
I timidly went into the ANA lounge next door, without much hope, but was greeted in a friendly manner by the agent at the door. He couldn't let me in, but I sensed frustration that they too had been taken by surprize by this. Apparently TAP have made no alternative arrangements whatsoever, for the time being, whether it be negotiating access to the ANA lounge, or vouchers for use elsewhere in the terminal.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Andem
In order to better respond to the needs and suggestions of our Customers, the TAP Lounge at Lisbon will be closed between 7 and 23 December....

Originally Posted by catandmouse
Apparently TAP have made no alternative arrangements whatsoevever.
Originally Posted by Palal
WHA??? They just opened it!
I don't think even TP would select one of the busiest times in the year to close a lounge for cosmetic reasons. And the lack of alternative provision suggests little time for planning... Someone hinted at "structural problems" which means little, I'll have to dig around.

But all in all I'm rather pleased I was seduced by a EUR9 Ryanair fare to get back to the UK next week. Seat selection and priority boarding almost doubled the fare, but still....
Old Dec 9, 2017, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
But all in all I'm rather pleased I was seduced by a EUR9 Ryanair fare to get back to the UK next week. Seat selection and priority boarding almost doubled the fare, but still....
Just don't spend too much time at T2... that place is super overcrowded for the number of flights they have now
Old Dec 12, 2017, 5:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I am TK *G and there was no lounge I could use tonight at LIS. ANA said they had no arrangements with Tap while Bluelounge asked for a Tap Gold Card. Next time I want to travel from LHR to LCG I will choose Vueling over Tap. I made the reservation with that Premium lounge in mind.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by skyscanner
I am TK *G and there was no lounge I could use tonight at LIS. ANA said they had no arrangements with Tap while Bluelounge asked for a Tap Gold Card. Next time I want to travel from LHR to LCG I will choose Vueling over Tap. I made the reservation with that Premium lounge in mind.
I had the very same problem. I was actually flying TAP the other day (I am also TK *G). TAP has gone the cheap and stingy way, and just contracted with Blueloubge for their own elite flyers, de facto rescinding lounge access in equal conditions to other *G members. The ANA lounge next door to the TAP lounge will let you in for 25 euros. I’ll file a complaint with TAP and ask for a refund. I’ve already sent a message to Star alliance through their FB. Everybody should do the same, as this move by TAP is unacceptable. They should not get away with this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Palal
Just don't spend too much time at T2... that place is super overcrowded for the number of flights they have now

I'm sure it wasn't typical - but yesterday at 15:00 T2 was a joy. Short distances, limited commerce and a very short line for security.

Well, joyful until I got to the passport thing: just two guys in booths, with the electronic gates turned off.

The flight itself was fine, with the cabin crewed by a Portuguese team several notches above TAP in terms of attention to, and interaction with, passengers.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I'm sure it wasn't typical - but yesterday at 15:00 T2 was a joy. Short distances, limited commerce and a very short line for security.
It depends on the time of day and day of the week.

The flight itself was fine, with the cabin crewed by a Portuguese team several notches above TAP in terms of attention to, and interaction with, passengers.
Yes! FR PT-based crews have been awesome in my experience
Old Dec 18, 2017, 5:53 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Originally Posted by pablitoooooo

I had the very same problem. I was actually flying TAP the other day (I am also TK *G). TAP has gone the cheap and stingy way, and just contracted with Blueloubge for their own elite flyers, de facto rescinding lounge access in equal conditions to other *G members. The ANA lounge next door to the TAP lounge will let you in for 25 euros. I’ll file a complaint with TAP and ask for a refund. I’ve already sent a message to Star alliance through their FB. Everybody should do the same, as this move by TAP is unacceptable. They should not get away with this.
They have changed their policy: all Star Alliance Gold cardholders + 1 guest are now entitled to use the (tiny) Blue Lounge for the duration of their Premium Lounge closure: https://www.flytap.com/pt-pt/informacoes (in PT).
Old Dec 18, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, TAP Gold
UA still contracts ANA lounge, so that isn't an issue for any *G traveling on United-operated flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.