Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia or TAP business?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2017, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Iberia or TAP business?

If you were able to book the new TAP business class seat or Iberia business class out of NYC which would you pick if the prices were virtually identical. Have read the reviews of both products and they look similar but overall IB is not viewed favorably due to the service, etc.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:40 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
The times I've flown with IB I haven't had problems with their service. The food was good, but nothing to write home about.

The TP lounge is a bit nicer than IB's schengen lounge. The connection process in LIS, I'd argue, is a bit better if you're an EU/EEC citizen and can use passport e-gates.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 7:49 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Originally Posted by Palal
The times I've flown with IB I haven't had problems with their service. The food was good, but nothing to write home about.

The TP lounge is a bit nicer than IB's schengen lounge. The connection process in LIS, I'd argue, is a bit better if you're an EU/EEC citizen and can use passport e-gates.
I'd agree and add that the onboard catering is also superior with TP.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 2:51 am

I've had such a disastrous missed connection at MAD with Iberia ten years ago or so, entirely due to the inefficiency of their ground crew and the way they processed our overnighting, etc., that I promised not to ever again set foot on one of their planes after reading the letter they sent me as an excuse. In contrast, TAP handled wonderfully a cancelled flight out of REC, with hotel, arranging connections, etc.

Of course, I do understand that those two cases do not fully describe the airlines, still...
Old Oct 25, 2017, 4:30 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by KLouis
I've had such a disastrous missed connection at MAD with Iberia ten years ago or so, entirely due to the inefficiency of their ground crew and the way they processed our overnighting, etc., that I promised not to ever again set foot on one of their planes after reading the letter they sent me as an excuse. In contrast, TAP handled wonderfully a cancelled flight out of REC, with hotel, arranging connections, etc.

Of course, I do understand that those two cases do not fully describe the airlines, still...
Unfortunately, Groundforce @Lis is no better than what you're describing above @mad.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 4:40 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Iberia's seat is better and consistent across the fleet. TAP is in the process of replacing their angled seats but it will be hit and miss
Old Oct 25, 2017, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
Iberia's seat is better and consistent across the fleet. TAP is in the process of replacing their angled seats but it will be hit and miss
short term inconvenience.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
IB has (more or less) got its act together and presents a pretty consistent long-haul product. I like it.

It pains me to say it, but TAP still has some way to go. You can be fortunate and have a delightful experience, or you can be miserable from check-in to landing.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
It depends on your loyalty prog. I belong to Star so no point for me to compare a non alliance flight.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by ajeleonard
If you can get the new TAP J lie-flat seats on BOS/EWR routes, they will be > Iberia. However, TAP's in-flight catering is terrible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.