Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

Earliest check in time to drop off baggage at Lisbon airport TAP flight

Earliest check in time to drop off baggage at Lisbon airport TAP flight

Old Sep 25, 17, 5:09 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Brisbane
Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Posts: 565
Earliest check in time to drop off baggage at Lisbon airport TAP flight

Does anyone know the earliest check in time for TAP Portugal flights at Lisbon airport. Staying at an airport hotel so want to drop off my luggage and then go into to city for the day. Thanks
wtcmor is online now  
Old Sep 25, 17, 6:06 am
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: YYZ
Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Posts: 13,340
https://www.flytap.com/en-lt/check-in/check-in-times


It specifically says 36 hours before,except USA departures is 24.
djjaguar64 is offline  
Old Sep 25, 17, 6:14 am
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Netherlands
Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Posts: 23,951
Originally Posted by djjaguar64 View Post
It specifically says 36 hours before,except USA departures is 24.
That relates to online check-in times; you certainly cannot drop off checked luggage 36 hours before departure!

To the OP: I don't know the answer to your question, but if you are travelling in business class or hold *A status, I would imagine that you could check a bag at LIS anytime on the day of departure.

Otherwise, they are probably only going to want to accept checked luggage around 3 hours before departure...

There is a left luggage facility at the airport where you could leave your bags, if necessary - though your hotel would also store them for the day. There's also a "Skybags" facility mentioned on that page which, for a fee, will collect your bags the night before and check them in for you.
irishguy28 is offline  
Old Sep 25, 17, 6:20 am
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: YYZ
Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Posts: 13,340
Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
That relates to online check-in times; you certainly cannot drop off checked luggage 36 hours before departure!

To the OP: I don't know the answer to your question, but if you are travelling in business class or hold *A status, I would imagine that you could check a bag at LIS anytime on the day of departure.

Otherwise, they are probably only going to want to accept checked luggage around 3 hours before departure...

There is a left luggage facility at the airport where you could leave your bags, if necessary - though your hotel would also store them for the day. There's also a "Skybags" facility mentioned on that page which, for a fee, will collect your bags the night before and check them in for you.
Agreed, that 36 & 24 apply to OLCI but nowhere in their website does it specify other times. OP is GOLD so he can inquire at the priority check in counters or else leave luggage at the storage for a cost.

https://www.flytap.com/en-ca/check-i...eck-in-options
djjaguar64 is offline  
Old Sep 25, 17, 9:12 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: somewhere between Europe and Africa, from SFO
Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
Posts: 7,668
You can drop the bag off any time on the day of the flight. The bag will go on a special carousel of the automated baggage system and will be delivered to the flight once the time is right.
Palal is offline  
Old Sep 25, 17, 3:02 pm
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Brisbane
Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Posts: 565
Originally Posted by Palal View Post
You can drop the bag off any time on the day of the flight. The bag will go on a special carousel of the automated baggage system and will be delivered to the flight once the time is right.
Thank you
wtcmor is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread