Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

Earliest check in time to drop off baggage at Lisbon airport TAP flight

Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold

Does anyone know the earliest check in time for TAP Portugal flights at Lisbon airport. Staying at an airport hotel so want to drop off my luggage and then go into to city for the day. Thanks
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
https://www.flytap.com/en-lt/check-in/check-in-times

It specifically says 36 hours before,except USA departures is 24.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
It specifically says 36 hours before,except USA departures is 24.
That relates to online check-in times; you certainly cannot drop off checked luggage 36 hours before departure!

To the OP: I don't know the answer to your question, but if you are travelling in business class or hold *A status, I would imagine that you could check a bag at LIS anytime on the day of departure.

Otherwise, they are probably only going to want to accept checked luggage around 3 hours before departure...

There is a left luggage facility at the airport where you could leave your bags, if necessary - though your hotel would also store them for the day. There's also a "Skybags" facility mentioned on that page which, for a fee, will collect your bags the night before and check them in for you.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by irishguy28
That relates to online check-in times; you certainly cannot drop off checked luggage 36 hours before departure!

To the OP: I don't know the answer to your question, but if you are travelling in business class or hold *A status, I would imagine that you could check a bag at LIS anytime on the day of departure.

Otherwise, they are probably only going to want to accept checked luggage around 3 hours before departure...

There is a left luggage facility at the airport where you could leave your bags, if necessary - though your hotel would also store them for the day. There's also a "Skybags" facility mentioned on that page which, for a fee, will collect your bags the night before and check them in for you.
Agreed, that 36 & 24 apply to OLCI but nowhere in their website does it specify other times. OP is GOLD so he can inquire at the priority check in counters or else leave luggage at the storage for a cost.

https://www.flytap.com/en-ca/check-i...eck-in-options
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
You can drop the bag off any time on the day of the flight. The bag will go on a special carousel of the automated baggage system and will be delivered to the flight once the time is right.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by Palal
You can drop the bag off any time on the day of the flight. The bag will go on a special carousel of the automated baggage system and will be delivered to the flight once the time is right.
Thank you

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.