Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

No service on domestic TAP J flight w crew shortage. Any chance of compensation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No service on domestic TAP J flight w crew shortage. Any chance of compensation?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2017, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Question No service on domestic TAP J flight w crew shortage. Any chance of compensation?

Just returned from our LIS-MIA flight, unfortunately we had equipment swap a few days before departure to old recliner seats. We were seated 1A/1B. Very unremarkable flight with regard to service, food and comfort. This combined with domestic TAP flight from LIS-FNC which had NO service at all for the plane means i will not be flying TAP anytime soon. On LIS-FNC flight we were seated in business class and couldn't even get a glass of water for this two hour flight. Flight had been catered with meals and food, but flight attendants refused to serve the flight as there was a "crew shortage" and according to purser, corp would not allow them to serve the food or drinks. There were 3 flight attendants on what I believe was an A319. Extremely aggravating to have paid for business class and have all attendants hide behind the curtain for the entire flight, enjoying their hot meal, which smelled delicious. I have filed a formal complaint with TAP, requesting a partial refund for the fare difference between coach and business class. Any guess on how successful I will be?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
There was a post about this on One Mile At A Time, on a flight from LIS to MXP. They were served a cup of water, and that was it. I'll see if I can get the link.

I would complain, but I would not expect much in terms of compensation.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...rible-service/
Old Sep 7, 2017, 6:39 am

TAP needs to sort out this dispute with their unions ASAP. It's unacceptable to use the customers as bargaining chips in this, and yes you should definitely complain. It's been ongoing for a while now.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Is this still going on? do we know what flights this usually occur on? Deciding whether to splurge on business class seats for my parents to keep everyone in same cabin for a CPH-LIS flight (I have separate CPH-LIS-MIA business class fare)..
Old Nov 5, 2017, 6:09 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Originally Posted by calvinoeh
Is this still going on? do we know what flights this usually occur on? Deciding whether to splurge on business class seats for my parents to keep everyone in same cabin for a CPH-LIS flight (I have separate CPH-LIS-MIA business class fare)..
It seems it has ended for now with the start of the winter season.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Originally Posted by tff
It seems it has ended for now with the start of the winter season.
Thanks... we're flying in April..
Old Nov 7, 2017, 4:03 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Happened to me a few weeks ago on FRA-LIS. Caterers left a meal box on everyone's seat. I think this was definitely an upgrade over normal cabin service. Maybe they should make this SOP
Wangja likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.