Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

GUIDE: TAP Premium Lounge at LIS / Lisbon

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 12, 2017, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Palal
Update November 2020: Post-pandemic reopening - trip report after lounge re-opening.

Photo reports:
pnt1
Palal - part 1
Palal - part 2

Showers: Shower and shower kit €15 Member car94102 reports a shower kit and shower are complimentary. (30 Aug 2019)

PLEASE SEE POST #1 for illustrations and information

Print Wikipost

GUIDE: TAP Premium Lounge at LIS / Lisbon

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2019, 9:26 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Quick update: We were delayed out of ZRH, but managed to make the connection easily, did not visit the lounge and breezed through passport control which was deserted. Even had time to buy some water.

However, somehow TAP managed to lose my bag and now I’m stuck here with only the clothes I’m wearing... Figuring since I’ll only staying a few days I didn’t pack clothes into the hand luggage. Not to mention half of my camera gear that was in the bag. Frustrating.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Repeat after me
  • Never check luggage
  • Never check camera eqiupment
  • If you must check luggage, ensure that you have a carry-on bag with clothes for everyone
  • Use Chase (or Amex) card that includes free travel insurance for lost bags
Old Aug 26, 2019, 1:23 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Repeat after me
  • Never check luggage
  • Never check camera eqiupment
  • If you must check luggage, ensure that you have a carry-on bag with clothes for everyone
  • Use Chase (or Amex) card that includes free travel insurance for lost bags
I’ll write this on my mirror.

But the problem was I took as much camera equipment (and my laptop) into the cabin as possible, on the expense of clothes and other stuff.
First time having my bags lost so lesson learned.

PS: the weird tracer link says they’ll be on the flight tomorrow, while the status says they are still locating them. Weird.

On an unrelated not I wondered why the flight to RAK was so empty, now that I’ve been a day here and nearly had a heat stroke I know why. Morocco in high summer at a place with no AC in Xy nowhere will go on my “never again” list.

Last edited by Nick Art; Aug 26, 2019 at 1:29 pm
Old Aug 26, 2019, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by Nick Art

I’ll write this on my mirror.

But the problem was I took as much camera equipment (and my laptop) into the cabin as possible, on the expense of clothes and other stuff.
First time having my bags lost so lesson learned.

PS: the weird tracer link says they’ll be on the flight tomorrow, while the status says they are still locating them. Weird.

On an unrelated not I wondered why the flight to RAK was so empty, now that I’ve been a day here and nearly had a heat stroke I know why. Morocco in high summer at a place with no AC in Xy nowhere will go on my “never again” list.
Live and learn, look at the silver lining
Old Aug 26, 2019, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA Plat
I'll be on my first TAP long haul flight later this week, and I would like to learn more about the €15 shower and shower kit mentioned in the Wiki for this thread. I am guessing the €15 fee is for a towel and shower toiletries, yes? If one wants to bring one's own toiletries and towel (which I don't to do, but I want to provide accurate information to my friends), would the shower be complimentary? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by car94102; Aug 26, 2019 at 11:38 pm
Old Aug 30, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: UA Plat
I now have the answer to my shower question from a few days ago. If you want a shower, the lounge staff will give you a complimentary shower kit. In contrast to the wiki, there is no need to pay €15.
JDiver, TPJ and mmff like this.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by car94102
I now have the answer to my shower question from a few days ago. If you want a shower, the lounge staff will give you a complimentary shower kit. In contrast to the wiki, there is no need to pay €15.
Thanks​ for the follow-up. Can you edit the wiki?
Old Sep 1, 2019, 10:08 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by car94102
Originally Posted by mmff
Thanks​ for the follow-up. Can you edit the wiki?
He can’t, because to do so he needs 90 days and 90 posts. You can.

Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by JDiver
He can’t, because to do so he needs 90 days and 90 posts. You can.
Sounds good, I will do that later today when I'm not writing from my phone.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 4:33 pm

If you guys visited this lounge, don't forget to order the Sangria. We visited the lounge recently and had the sangria - It was yummy!.

Here is the pic:

Sangria at TAP Portugal Premium Lounge
AStarr likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, LH FTL, FB Gold, LATAM Black Signature
The lounge situation in LIS is terrible, with it being in the Schegen zone. The catch for me is when I had to do GRU-LIS-LHR and TAP would delay or cancel (surprise surprise) the connecting flight and rebook me a few hours later.

I would usually go through Passaport Control and just hang out in the lounge until it was clear we would be leaving. However, last time I was in LIS one of the Border Agents stopped me and said he would not let me through because "going through a border just to use a lounge is obscene". He then called his supervisor and they warned me that if I ever did that again they would take drastic measures...

So that is the end of TAP and Portugal connections for me.
Boraxo, lhrpete, Palal and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by GRUflyer
I would usually go through Passaport Control and just hang out in the lounge until it was clear we would be leaving. However, last time I was in LIS one of the Border Agents stopped me and said he would not let me through because "going through a border just to use a lounge is obscene". He then called his supervisor and they warned me that if I ever did that again they would take drastic measures...
FWIW, I have never heard of such a situation. Hopefully you just had back luck with that one agent.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 11:50 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
The lounge situation in LIS is terrible, with it being in the Schegen zone. The catch for me is when I had to do GRU-LIS-LHR and TAP would delay or cancel (surprise surprise) the connecting flight and rebook me a few hours later.

So that is the end of TAP and Portugal connections for me.
There is absolutely no legal basis for that statement. I would report the situation both to TAP and to the border authority (SEF - [email protected]).
Old Oct 14, 2019, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, LH FTL, FB Gold, LATAM Black Signature
Originally Posted by tff
There is absolutely no legal basis for that statement. I would report the situation both to TAP and to the border authority (SEF - [email protected]).
The agent seeing my case actually asked for her Supervisor to talk to me. As I was not eating his BS he got mad and told me to get myself away from the desk and out of the immigration queue or he would have me removed.

I believe arguing with someone on a Power Trip is not wise. I then tried to reach someone from TAP in the non Schegen gates and there was only one EXTREMELY rude agent who pointed out she worked for a handling company and told me I could call TAP to complain. I called them and they told me "We do not control the Borders". Portuguese bureaucracy and laziness at its best.

In the air TAP is mostly fine, but their ground service in LIS is horrendous. Makes AZ at FCO look good.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
... I called [TAP] and they told me "We do not control the Borders". Portuguese bureaucracy and laziness at its best.

Well, I suppose they are right. But they could certainly reach some sort of agreement with the border folk, rather than leave it to agents to make ad hoc value judgements about what makes a valid reason for crossing a border.

TAP and ANA share responsibility for the awkward lounge situation. They've promised a solution for years. Time they pulled their fingers out and got something sorted out.
tff likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.