Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

GUIDE: TAP Premium Lounge at LIS / Lisbon

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 12, 2017, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Palal
Update November 2020: Post-pandemic reopening - trip report after lounge re-opening.

Photo reports:
pnt1
Palal - part 1
Palal - part 2

Showers: Shower and shower kit €15 Member car94102 reports a shower kit and shower are complimentary. (30 Aug 2019)

PLEASE SEE POST #1 for illustrations and information

Print Wikipost

GUIDE: TAP Premium Lounge at LIS / Lisbon

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2019, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Palal
The lounge won't help - they can't rebook you or check you in. You should be able to get your BP in DUB. If not, and you do plan on visiting the lounge, there's a set of set of automated kiosks and check-in desks not too far from passport control. These are next to the security check you'll need to go through after passport control.
Ahh right, so would you avoid checking in for my DUB LIS leg then..? I'm just going to run into the same issue there, I want to stay airside off a positioning flight - will TP staff at the gate be able to issue my connecting LIS BOS boarding pass?

Hmmm, decisions
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, TAP Gold
Originally Posted by Xaroco
Ahh right, so would you avoid checking in for my DUB LIS leg then..? I'm just going to run into the same issue there, I want to stay airside off a positioning flight - will TP staff at the gate be able to issue my connecting LIS BOS boarding pass?

Hmmm, decisions
There is a transfer counter next to passport control, which you will inevitably need to go through. If worse comes to worst, you can always pick up your BP there and you can ask anyone where this is (also, if you go to the TAP Lounge, they will give you directions, since it's where they send people to purchase a lounge pass, as well).
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, TAP Gold
Originally Posted by lougomi
Hello,
TAP Premium Lounge is only available for J Classes traveling on Tap and StarAlliance Gold. Next door there is another lounge called ANA Lounge which you can access (even in transit) since you travel in class J. See the link : https://www.ana.pt/en/lis/services-s...ces/ana-lounge
Technically, there are broader access rights for TAP corporate & TAP silver (https://www.flytap.com/en-be/at-the-airport/lounges)

ANA you can also access with a lounge pass, like priority pass.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 2:02 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by Xaroco

Hmmm, decisions
You should check into your DUB-LIS flight. If they can't issue a BP, just have them cancel the check-in and check you in again.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
This lounge was a high disappointment - mediocre even by low US standards. At 8am today it was Overcrowded and a horrible selection of high carb or high fat foods. Bathroom smelled like it hadn’t been cleaned in days. Some very sketch looking clientele as well. Next time I will try a priority pass option.

Originally Posted by mmff
You did. Beware of potentially long passport lines if you can't use the e-gates.
no kidding! At least 30m for non-EU citizens at 8:30am today. No fast track for business class.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:16 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by Boraxo
This lounge was a high disappointment - mediocre even by low US standards. At 8am today it was Overcrowded

I'm no TP apologist, but the lounge is good. Definitely better than any US airline lounge.

8AM-10AM is peak of the peak with both the westbound bank and the European bank of flights departing simultaneously.

and a horrible selection of high carb or high fat foods.
Breakfast - yes they should throw in a salad/veggies, but other than that, it's all standard breakfast spread that you'd expect.
Come back after 10AM for the lunch/dinner spread.
Bathroom smelled like it hadn’t been cleaned in days.
They clean it quite regularly.

Some very sketch looking clientele as well.
What do you mean?

Next time I will try a priority pass option.
The ANA lounge has fewer people, but the food/drink spread is worse.

no kidding! At least 30m for non-EU citizens at 8:30am today. No fast track for business class.
Unfortunately, that's pretty quick.
tff likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Travelling Dub Lis return,in J ,is this the lounge I've access to on the Lis Dub return leg?
Also can I guest some one travelling in Y on the same flight into the lounge?
no star alliance status
Thanks
Old Jun 30, 2019, 5:23 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Yes but no guest unless you are *G.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 5:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Tried the new TAP lounge at opening on June 22nd. It was a rudhed visit because the lojnge opened @ 5 and my flight left @ 6.

Celebrated my 71st b-day by having a quick bite to eat: a nice roll, some meat and cheese and some carrots. Nice coffee too. A nice "wake-up treat".

This was after a 4 (or so) hour wait before the departure security worked properly ... There was some issue at midnight with entering - I had my boarding pass for my 6 am LIS - OPO flight, so I just found a chair and dozed a bit in it until about 4:30 ... No food on the short 40 minute flight - just a mini chocolate bar and water. Still welcome 😉
Old Jul 4, 2019, 1:35 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Palal
Breakfast - yes they should throw in a salad/veggies, but other than that, it's all standard breakfast spread that you'd expect.
Come back after 10AM for the lunch/dinner spread.
I would do things for some fruit

Overall, I'm cool with this lounge. It's a little chaotic at times, sure, but it's decent. And I'd take it over the ANA and most US lounges (or the PP ones in MAN) anyday.

Yes there are better, but this one serves the purpose with a lot of Portuguese items which is nice.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 9:56 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Questions about lounge access in Lisbon for Air France Blue and Gold Business travelers have been moved to the Air France | Frequence Plus forum. See Lisbon / LIS Lounge Access for Blue and Gold Business Class.

Thank you,

Old Aug 25, 2019, 3:01 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Good evening

I’ll be flying from ZRH to RAK over LIS tomorrow and I’m wondering how far in advance one should leave the lounge to go through passport control, I’ve heard it to be quite hectic at times.

Specifically we’ll arrive at LIS at 08:10 on TP929 and depart to RAK at 09:25 on TP1456. At an airport like MUC or ZRH that would be no big deal and a Lounge visit would be easily doable, however, I haven’t been in LIS for over a decade and I’wondering what the more frequent LIS travelers think: Is it possible to visit the lounge on this layover? If yes when should we head towards passport control? Or do we need to directly head towards our connecting flight?

Cheers!
Old Aug 25, 2019, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Took us 30 minutes for passport control at that hour when the lines were supposedly shorter than normal. So no lounge time for you. No loss, believe me.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 10:08 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Took us 30 minutes for passport control at that hour when the lines were supposedly shorter than normal. So no lounge time for you. No loss, believe me.
Dang, I guess no lounge for us then.

Thanks for the heads up, we’ll go directly to the connecting gate then.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Nick Art

Specifically we’ll arrive at LIS at 08:10 on TP929 and depart to RAK at 09:25 on TP1456. .... Is it possible to visit the lounge on this layover?
You could probably grab a coffee in the lounge, but it would be a tense break and really not worth the effort.

Best to get yourself through the passport business (busy as that time). If you breeze through you'll have time to buy yourself a coffee on the other side, and enjoy it in comfort.
Boraxo and mmff like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.