Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TAP disappearing fare?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2017, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

TAP disappearing fare?

Has anyone had a TAP fare that they're just unable to book, but keeps showing back up? I'm trying to book 2 tickets VLC-LIS-JFK in business on August 4. Here's a link to a Google Flight search: https://goo.gl/flights/O4IE It comes up as ~$1971 (2 tickets) on TAP depending on the timing with the exchange rate. I can click through, or search on TAP, and the fare shows up. But every time I click the final submit, I get this error message: Name:  Screenshot (673).png
Views: 424
Size:  10.2 KB
Then the price shoots up to ~$2500 and after a few minutes the Google Flight search jumps, too. Then a few hours later, the price drops back down, but still can't book it.

I haven't tried booking with an OTA because even though it's a fully refundable fare, they all say non-refundable. I'm not sure if that's actually true, but I need the flexibility and don't want to take the chance. I'd also ideally like to earn 5x on my Amex Platinum which means booking direct or with Amex (which says non-refundable). If there's an OTA that shows fully refundable, I could book with my Sapphire Reserve for 3x and that'd be acceptable, too. I suppose I could try an OTA since they have 24 hour cancellation policies, but that doesn't help me if it actually works and I want to keep the reservation a little while.

Anyone experienced something like this?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:28 am

Did you try calling TAP?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I had the same issue. Finally cleared cookies and then got the fare again but the initial transaction seems to be booked. Called and she said you cannot proceed because there is another transaction. So got them to issue the tickets. Seems like an issue with their system.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 12:51 pm

They also jump the price when you actually book.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by best
They also jump the price when you actually book.
Yep, I saw that as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.