Unusual TAP Flight Duration TNG-LIS

Old Mar 13, 2017, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Unusual TAP Flight Duration TNG-LIS

I was looking for flights from TNG-LIS on June 3 and I noticed something a bit strange. The flight time was showing as 25 minutes.

I know Tangier and Lisbon are pretty close, but they couldn't be this close. A few calculations later, I realized the ATR 72 would have to fly at a speed of >570kts to make this flight on time

I know Morocco switches between UTC and UTC+1 quite often throughout the year. Is this problem a result of the timezone changes? Is the arrival or departure time even coded properly?
Attached Images  
Old Mar 13, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: LH Miles&More, TP Miles&Go Silver
It's 1 hour and 25 minutes. The flight times are correct. In June, both Lisbon and Tangier are in the UTC+1 time zone.

Last edited by TAP-A343; Mar 13, 2017 at 2:05 pm
Old Mar 13, 2017, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by TAP-A343
It's 1 hour and 25 minutes. The flight times are correct.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by TAP-A343
In June, both Lisbon and Tangier are in the UTC+1 time zone.
I thought that during Ramadan, Morocco moves from UTC+1 to UTC. The displayed flight duration seems to support this. Since June 3 is during Ramadan, could it be possible the computer system has not picked up on this?
Old Mar 13, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: LH Miles&More, TP Miles&Go Silver
Originally Posted by FlyerWx
I thought that during Ramadan, Morocco moves from UTC+1 to UTC. The displayed flight duration seems to support this. Since June 3 is during Ramadan, could it be possible the computer system has not picked up on this?
You are correct. Morocco is in the UTC time zone between May 27 and July 1.

The flight duration is 1h25m but I'm not sure about the flight schedule any more.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.