Wiki Posts
Search

TAP Fare Class A?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2017, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP 100K
TAP Fare Class A?

Hi, I'm looking to book a TAP itinerary LIS-PDL-LIS-HEL, and my preferred itinerary books into A class, which on the TAP website is showing "classic," i.e. not the lowest fare bucket. However, A seems to earn nothing on either NZ or UA, which I was thinking of crediting to. What's up with this fare class; why should it not earn miles if it's not the very cheapest fare bucket?
Old Mar 8, 2017, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LGACIC
Hi, I'm looking to book a TAP itinerary LIS-PDL-LIS-HEL, and my preferred itinerary books into A class, which on the TAP website is showing "classic," i.e. not the lowest fare bucket. However, A seems to earn nothing on either NZ or UA, which I was thinking of crediting to. What's up with this fare class; why should it not earn miles if it's not the very cheapest fare bucket?
Good question for TAP. Now it may not earn in your program but it does in others.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 3:52 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Yea, it earns nothing in UA.
Here's where it earns something
Old Mar 9, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Good question for TAP. Now it may not earn in your program but it does in others.
I think the question is more to Mileage Plus and Airpoints why they don't credit certain class buckets.
A class has been around at least since 2013 (got one of these then). Why is it needed with so many other fare classes available in Eco (and this being a First Class fare on most *A partners) I have no clue.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I'm a longtime UA flyer, but have gotten fed up with their prices EWR-Europe. Am now looking at TAP (also LOT), MUCH cheaper-- but can anyone shed some light on their fare classes...Discount / Basic / Classic ??? Not too concerned about the miles earned or baggage check as I only do a small carry on, but more with seat comfort, choice, check in etc. Their website only gives vague info and it appears all offer the same benefits (which I know is not the case). Any insight would be helpful. Thank you
Old Mar 11, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
TP has 2 classes: biz (executiva) and economy. Discount/basic/classic are all economy fares (different fare buckets, giving you different things).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.