TAP A320 Business Class. Worth the extra miles?

Old Mar 6, 17, 9:41 am
Original Poster

TAP A320 Business Class. Worth the extra miles?

(I forgot the question mark in my title above....)

Hi all,

I've recently booked a VERY long flight on TAP Portugal in economy class.

RAI-LIS (4h5m) followed by LIS-ACC-TMS (7h55m). Both flights appear to be on A320s.

Looking at the seat maps, it appears that business and economy both appear to be 3/3; I'm trying to determine whether it's worth spending the extra miles to upgrade to business class. Are there advantages that I'm not seeing?
Old Mar 6, 17, 10:56 am

Programs: UA, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
From my limited experience TP A320 J class is like most other EU intraEU J classes. The middle seat is left empty but its generally the same Y seat with a little extra legroom and the middle seat left empty. You'll get the usual extra luggage allowance, meals & priority check-in & boarding services.
If you're miles rich or not going to generally use those miles anytime soon for something better it wouldn't be a bad ideal considering you'll be flying 3 segments of which 2 are longer than 4 hours.
Old Mar 6, 17, 4:36 pm

Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
The meals are much nicer in biz. Normally, I wouldn't bother with these medium haul biz flights, but for a flight that's this long I would consider spending the extra miles for the better food and guaranteed space. Do bring an eye mask if you're doing a RAI-LIS redeye.
Old Mar 9, 17, 12:03 pm
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold
I concur with Palal. The flight to ACC and TMS is a very long one for a narrowbody and the food offer in C from LIS is quite good - it will be a full meal, similar to the ones served in long-haul flights. This is valid for the first meal, catered in LIS, not for the second one, catered in ACC.
Old Nov 8, 17, 6:17 am
Original Poster

TAP A320 Business vs. Economy for 14 hours of flying

Hi all,

I'm flying a fourteen-hour (!!) economy award ticket from RAI-LIS-ACC-TMS using 17.5K Avianca Lifemiles. It's possible to upgrade the ticket to business class using an extra 15.5K miles.

The question is: is this a worthwhile thing to do? I ask because the seat maps I've seen show no difference between the economy and business seats, aside from the middle seats being blocked out.

Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 8, 17, 8:28 am

But you already asked the same question few months ago, and got a reply...
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...tra-miles.html
Old Nov 8, 17, 4:26 pm

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
A bit off-topic - can you get that routing online? Or you need to call ?
for that length I'd probably spend the extra miles. Chances are you could get a row for yourself and be able to sleep lying across the 3 seats (don't pick the first row as armrests do not raise IIRC.

Search this Thread