TAP started to refit interiors of 48 [A32S]AC

Old Oct 31, 16, 2:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Plat, QR privilege club Gold, Topbonus Gold
TAP started to refit interiors of 48 [A32S]AC

TAP started to refit interiors of 48 air planes which will last for couple months.
Some Portuguese companies as Almadesign ou a Karmann Ghia been selected for the job where new lighter seats will be refit (reducing approx 700kg weight) which will be coloured red & green (PT national colours) amount other cabin interiors improvement. Power ports to be installed 'in the front'.

1st AC done was A319 'Gago Coutinho' , video below:

Old Oct 31, 16, 9:46 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Looks like a slightly customised version of the 3710 from Recaro. With no galleys in front of the first row, adding 2-3 seat rows. Note that you clearly have no seat recline button on the armrest, so that is not going to be fun.
http://en.recaro-as.com/products/economy-class.html

My guess is they fitted power ports on the first few rows till the emergency exit (the red head rest seats).

TP went all out for Recaro this spring. I doubt the PT companies contributed much except for design.

http://en.recaro-as.com/press/press-...th-recaro.html

Old Oct 31, 16, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Plat, QR privilege club Gold, Topbonus Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
Looks like a slightly customised version of the 3710 from Recaro. With no galleys in front of the first row, adding 2-3 seat rows. Note that you clearly have no seat recline button on the armrest, so that is not going to be fun.

My guess is they fitted power ports on the first few rows till the emergency exit (the red head rest seats).

TP went all out for Recaro this spring. I doubt the PT companies contributed much except for design.

Spot on ... more space for more seats = incremental revenue ...
Seats look light height not sure how Confy... at least colours and painting from PT!
Port powers confined on first few rows as you said .
Old Nov 1, 16, 1:13 pm
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post

It seems that the seats that have power ports and headrests will recline, whereas the ones behind emergency row won't.

12 additional seats were added, ie, 2 rows.

There's also a news story available (PT only):
http://sicnoticias.sapo.pt/economia/...ras-para-a-TAP

It is mentioned that the curtain between Y and C will be abolished. I hope that was a misunderstanding.
Old Nov 2, 16, 4:37 am

Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
Re: curtain - It will most likely be like SN where you have a small divider made out of cardboard saying 'biz class in front of this sign' or some such nonsense instead of a movable curtain.

Looks like seats in the back will be 'pre-reclined' (whatever that means), while seats up front will have 33" pitch (obviously same for biz) and will allow recline and will have power outlets.

What are the chances that TP will start charging *Gs for the 'premium economy' seats?

While power ports are nice, I'd be happy with a working USB type C charging port at every seat.
Old Nov 2, 16, 6:01 am

Programs: TP Gold, *G Star Alliance
It would really be a shame if TAP started charging for the "premium economy" seats for *Gs, even more if you reached *G status using their own program, but unfortunately I cannot say I would be very surprised if they did that, since they just donīt take very good care of their *G members.
Old Nov 2, 16, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by milfweed20 View Post
It would really be a shame if TAP started charging for the "premium economy" seats for *Gs, even more if you reached *G status using their own program, but unfortunately I cannot say I would be very surprised if they did that, since they just donīt take very good care of their *G members.
There are few airlines that do these days.
Old Nov 4, 16, 4:34 am

I doubt they will charge you extra to sit in the first few Y rows that may have the better seats.
Old Nov 24, 17, 2:57 pm

I did MUC-LIS on A319 retrofitted with the new seats as shown in the youtube video above. The seats are a higher end version of the recaro slimline with empower plug points, tablet holder and a proper two compartment magazine pocket (instead of the usual net). The red seats in front of the emergency row have a reclining button, the green don't. I was lucky to be in row 5 and 7, so the 3 h flight wasn't so bad.
Seriously though I don't know what they paid Almadesign for the interior. The front partition and the wall in the back are plain grey (SAS and others use it to position the brand), and there are PT flag viz TAP colors on the seat head rests and very fine green shades in the carpet. Thats it. Everything else is standard Diehl/Recaro grey/white.
Old Dec 15, 17, 10:08 am
Raf

Programs: [email protected] FT, Flying Blue, BA Exec. Club, CSA Plus
Have flown PRG-LIS on refitted cabin. Elegant design (close to BA), adjustable headrests and reasonable legroom on front rows gives much better comfort than slim-seats on LH or LX. There is also "old fashion", but really personal service from crew on TAP. Overall nice flight.
Old Jan 20, 18, 11:21 am

hi,
do you know, if they have already completed works on all of their A320s?
I plan to fly with them in late August, most probably on A320, and I wonder what to expect on board...
Old Jan 21, 18, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by tropikey View Post
hi,
do you know, if they have already completed works on all of their A320s?
I plan to fly with them in late August, most probably on A320, and I wonder what to expect on board...
Expect nothing and you'll be impressed
Still plenty of A320 planes with old-style seating.
tropikey likes this.
Old Jan 21, 18, 11:18 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold
Originally Posted by Palal View Post
Still plenty of A320 planes with old-style seating.
Some days ago, there were only 4 left: CS-TNS, -TNT, TNX, and -TQD. As CS-TNS has come out of the hangar and -TNX is there now, I suspect that only 2 non-retrofitted birds are left.
tropikey likes this.
Old Jan 21, 18, 11:43 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
According to a Portuguese forum only 3 left. CS- (TNS,TNTand TNX). Rest are done (including all A319 and A321)
tropikey likes this.
Old Jan 21, 18, 12:12 pm

Great! Good to know. Well, in such situation it seems that there's only small risk that my possible flights in late August could be operated by not refitted planes (I assume that TP is going to continue works on three remaining machines).

Search this Thread