Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

TAP Victoria program - Miles expiration

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2011, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB plat, M&M FT

Hi,
I've tried seraching this forum and Victoria website (what a nightmare) and couldnt fin this information, so, does anybody know what's the rule for miles expiration in Victoria program?

thanks in advance for your reply
Old May 4, 2011, 1:44 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
You can find them here. Check 4.4 Validity and transfer of miles

4.4.1. Victoria Miles are valid for three (3) years from the date of collection, unless specified otherwise. The validity of the miles is calculated as from the date of collection.
IMO this is the biggest downside of Victoria. Mile expiration. 3 years and that's it. Although IME the miles expire not on the 3 year anniversary from date of collection as mentioned above but rather at the end of the membership year.
You can check this on Victoria Online Extract, where any expiring miles will always be on the same date (end of membership year)
Foggy to say the least. That's why TP Victoria collecting for me is at a minimum and only to get an award ticket every other December with the 50% promo.

GBM

Last edited by GBM.flights; May 4, 2011 at 2:11 am Reason: link
Old May 4, 2011, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Dominikkk
Hi,
I've tried seraching this forum and Victoria website (what a nightmare) and couldnt fin this information, so, does anybody know what's the rule for miles expiration in Victoria program?

thanks in advance for your reply
I love TAP but was much saddened when they adopted an unrewarding programme named after a dead queen or a footballer's wife.

Really you should consider using up your miles and collecting on any other Star Alliance programme. Air Canada, BMI and Aegean give you short runs up to status which ensures your miles do not die.
Old May 6, 2011, 8:48 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
True. But its validity can be extended for another 3 years for the price of €20 per each 2000 miles.
Old May 7, 2011, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB plat, M&M FT
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Really you should consider using up your miles and collecting on any other Star Alliance programme. Air Canada, BMI and Aegean give you short runs up to status which ensures your miles do not die.
yup, I have just enrolled into BMI Diamond club. The problem is that their card isnt nice. :P

and you know, I just need a program thanks to which in a case of a flight with *a i can get some miles that won't die. grrrr why doesn't SkyTeam fly to Açores? :/

ALTHOUGH HEY, WAIT. How amazing that Air Canada's FFP is willing to give 100% of mileage for LOT's discounted economy.
Old May 7, 2011, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
If I were you, I'd ditch Skyteam as well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.