Proposal: ETIHAD Airlines forums

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Proposal: ETIHAD Airlines forums

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2011, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by EFATO
Just a quick statistic to support my idea - on "Other Middle East and Africa Frequent Flyer Programs" 16 out of the 25 threads on the front page are EY related. That's 64%
About a week or two ago that % was even higher. Other posts about other airlines have recently cropped up in the last two weeks though.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 11:12 am

Programs: EK Gold, SK*G, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by EFATO

Anyone out there agree with me on this?

EFATO
I agree!!!
Old Oct 27, 2011, 12:27 pm

Programs: QF Gold, WY Gold
I was thinking something similar a few weeks ago, would be good to see a dedicated forum for Etihad.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 3:02 am

I would like an EY forum.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 4:49 am
Community Director Emerita

EFATO, it's timely that you should bring up this topic, as there is an active thread in the Talkboard forum also suggesting an Etihad forum. I'll go ahead and merge this thread (from the Other European... airlines) into that thread so that Talkboard members can read your conversation.

EFATO, it's good to have you back.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 10:43 am

Programs: QF Gold, WY Gold
If you do go ahead with the forum and would like a Moderator, I'm based in the M.E, fly Etihad regularly and hold status with them and have experience as a forum mod so would be happy to help out if desired.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 11:35 am
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
I'm in favor of EY having their own forum. They're only getting stronger, their FFP is growing rapidly and besides, an Aussie runs the thing. What more do you need

It's time to give EY their own place to hang out. Let them be as miserable as the rest of us...
Old Nov 1, 2011, 4:42 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
As there seem to be no objections on this proposal as of late 2011, can we ask any TBers to propose and second it for a vote?

I think it would be fair to have TBers view, when members put up proposals.

Spiff has spoken^ No others
Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:52 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by travelkid
As there seem to be no objections on this proposal as of late 2011, can we ask any TBers to propose and second it for a vote?

I think it would be fair to have TBers view, when members put up proposals.
I am guessing nothing will happen TB-wise until the election is over.

From The FlyerTalk TalkBoard - 2011
Here's the timetable:

Candidate Application: Mon, Oct 24 - Fri, Nov 4

Accepting applications for the five TalkBoard openings.

Candidate Debate: Fri, Nov. 4 - Mon, Nov 14

A 10 day period of question and answer with debates among candidates and with the members of FlyerTalk.

Candidate Balloting: Tues, Nov 15 - Mon, Nov 28

Voting will begin on Tues, Nov 15 and end Mon, Nov. 28 at midnight. You may cast your vote at http://www.flyertalk.com/talkthevote/ when the voting booth opens.
BTW, it would be nice but currently, is not required for all TBers to comment in the public TB Topics Forum.

Last edited by lin821; Nov 5, 2011 at 5:38 am Reason: typo
Old Nov 1, 2011, 10:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Going by the usual TB Catch 22, no airline can have a forum established for it unless those wanting it can prove that there are a large number of threads about the airline which do not about have a proper home.

Of course, if a thread is out of place in a particular forum, it will be/should be locked or removed.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 10:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by lin821
I am guess nothing will happen TB-wise until the election is over.

From The FlyerTalk TalkBoard - 2011

BTW, it would be nice but currently, is not required for all TBers to comment in the public TB Topics Forum.
Not required, but at least a moral obligation, when we have put trust in their hands^

Can anyone on TB verify that TB is dysfunctional, during election times?

Or can you just get it done please@:-)

Originally Posted by Dovster
Going by the usual TB Catch 22, no airline can have a forum established for it unless those wanting it can prove that there are a large number of threads about the airline which do not about have a proper home.

Of course, if a thread is out of place in a particular forum, it will be/should be locked or removed.
Unfortunately a spot on description that more and more see clearly.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by eightblack
I'm in favor of EY having their own forum. They're only getting stronger, their FFP is growing rapidly and besides, an Aussie runs the thing. What more do you need

It's time to give EY their own place to hang out. Let them be as miserable as the rest of us...
Obviously, I think I agree with you. Let's do it! They can have a consider to create new EY forum.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not really opposed to an EY forum - they make up the bulk of the forum they're in right now & their program and distribution has been growing.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 5:03 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
If you would have asked me if I would support and Etihad forum a year ago, I would have said no. But with the ability to redeem AA miles on Etihad and the growing membership in the program, I think there should be a new forum created.

Delta747
Old Nov 3, 2011, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by lin821
I am guess nothing will happen TB-wise until the election is over.
That is really too bad, because they can show what they are made of instead of just providing campaign promises (if they are running again).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.