FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TalkBoard Topics (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkboard-topics-382/)
-   -   New Forum Suggestion: Other Travel Programs/Partners - BAA Worldpoints (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkboard-topics/681352-new-forum-suggestion-other-travel-programs-partners-baa-worldpoints.html)

sam Apr 11, 2007 9:27 am

New Forum Suggestion: Other Travel Programs/Partners - BAA Worldpoints

I would like to propose a new forum under Other Travel Programs/Partners - BAA Worldpoints. The purpose of the forum would be to discuss general issues around airports owned by British Airports Authority (e.g. LHR, LGW, STN and others) in the same way as airline points forums are used to discuss general issues around airline service.

I think that such a forum would be particularly relevant at the moment
a) as we experience particular issues with security control and immigration in UK airports owned by BAA
b) as the UK government is making decisions about competition between & further expansion of London airports
c) as LHR T5 is opening soon
I think these issues are currently discussed in other forums outside Flyertalk where the particular interests of the frequent traveller are not represented.

There are also other posts on bmi / BA forums that relate to BAA Worldpoints and might be better placed here.

Jenbel Apr 11, 2007 11:53 am

Interesting idea. I'm not sure if BAA are the only airport group which offer frequent traveller points - I can't recall seeing others, but as an infrequent traveller at most of them, they would be easy to miss. And you are correct in that there has been a lot of discussion on WPs recently, particularly with the demise of the most valuable redemption possibility. Do you think that with that demise, interest in WPs will drop?

sam Apr 11, 2007 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Jenbel (Post 7564653)
Interesting idea. I'm not sure if BAA are the only airport group which offer frequent traveller points - I can't recall seeing others, but as an infrequent traveller at most of them, they would be easy to miss. And you are correct in that there has been a lot of discussion on WPs recently, particularly with the demise of the most valuable redemption possibility. Do you think that with that demise, interest in WPs will drop?

It could be that on removal of the upgrade vouchers interest on Worldpoints might drop. Maybe BAA & HEX will find a way of limiting the vouchers to one use only (as intended). Whatever happens there are lots of other things to talk about relating to BAA airports.

The only other airport loyalty scheme I know about it Schiphol Privium. I have posted about this as I think it is a rip off. Privium charges €99 for a service that UK immigration provides for free - albeit IRIS never man the sign up desks so I still do not have a card. There you go, another issue to talk about!

Raffles Apr 21, 2007 11:12 am

The BAA points scheme is, sadly, now worthless given that the half-price train tickets deal has been removed. All you get now is 1% cashback on your spend (assuming you redeem for vouchers) with £500 spend required to trigger each voucher. Not exactly exciting.

The new liquid rules mean that even getting bonus points from wine purchases is pretty much ruled out now.

If you want a forum to discuss Heathrow, you may as well use the BA or London boards.