FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TalkBoard Topics (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkboard-topics-382/)
-   -   Comments Welcome: Voting Underway - Travel Photography Forum (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkboard-topics/680553-comments-welcome-voting-underway-travel-photography-forum.html)

Spiff Apr 9, 2007 7:46 am

Comments Welcome: Voting Underway - Travel Photography Forum

The TalkBoard is considering the following:

Moved by bhatnasx and seconded by ScottC:

to create a new subforum under the Travel & Technology forum to be called "Travel Photography Forum" which will encompass discussion topics on photography and videography as well as allow links to photos and videos, in a manner similar to that of the Trip Reports forum.

This poll will close on Apr 21, 07 at 5:57 pm

magiciansampras Apr 9, 2007 7:48 am

Sounds good to me. Although, I'd prefer the images to be displayed directly in the threads themselves, but I understand this presents certain challenges.

Gargoyle Apr 9, 2007 8:28 am

In favor. I'll participate in that forum.

underpressure Apr 9, 2007 8:34 am

Strong in favor as long as the images do not become property of FT. Isn't that the disclaimer that is on FT now? Any and all submissions are owned by FT.

Jenbel Apr 9, 2007 8:39 am

No. I was reading the TOS recently, and that has been changed IIRC - unfortunately, they are still offline and I can't access them to check.

SlowTrekker Apr 9, 2007 10:18 am

I'm strongly in favor of the motion, as long as the concern UP raised is addressed.

iwillflytheworld Apr 9, 2007 10:54 am

I hope this vote will be less controversial than the OMNI post count :) .

I'm strongly in favor of this motion. This forum would feel an important niche which is not covered by other current FT forums, nor by other message boards.

Personally, I've given up my photography hobby lately but this would be a good motivation to bring it back.

bhatnasx Apr 9, 2007 11:01 am

Originally Posted by underpressure (Post 7551608)
Strong in favor as long as the images do not become property of FT. Isn't that the disclaimer that is on FT now? Any and all submissions are owned by FT.

I'm not sure how that would work to be honest. The images wouldn't be hosted by FT, they'd be hosted by whatever source you host them on - they would just be displayed on FT pages. Based on that, I don't imagine that FT will own the images displayed on the site.

But that may be a better question for Randy & the WebFlyer staff I think...

Jenbel Apr 9, 2007 11:04 am

TOS back up - the relevant section is
http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#q73

While members own the content and interest in their posts, posting on FlyerTalk grants FlyerTalk and its subsidiaries the right to reproduce the content in any medium without notification or compensation. Members' posts cannot be printed or duplicated in any way by a third party without the consent of the authors. Once you submit a post, FlyerTalk has no obligation to remove or edit that post's content.

bdjohns1 Apr 9, 2007 11:05 am

Strongly in favor of this one as well. I agree with UP's point about ownership of images. It should be explicitly stated somehow that the photographer is granting Randy / Internet Brands a license to display the image for the purpoises of that forum only

chexfan Apr 9, 2007 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by underpressure (Post 7551608)

Originally Posted by bhatnasx (Post 7552437)
I'm not sure how that would work to be honest. The images wouldn't be hosted by FT, they'd be hosted by whatever source you host them on - they would just be displayed on FT pages. Based on that, I don't imagine that FT will own the images displayed on the site.

Yeah, I'm w/ bhatnasx on this one. Your FT post that is owned by WebFlyer/FlyerTalk/etc would merely be the reference to photo, not the photo itself since it is hosted someplace else.

btw- I support this idea b/c I feel it would greatly improve this Community and become a vehicle to bring different FTers together.

SkiAdcock Apr 9, 2007 12:37 pm

Presuming ownership is sorted, I support this one.

Cheers.

Cholula Apr 9, 2007 1:19 pm

I'm definitely in favor of this new forum and have already voted in favor of it.

I was impressed with the support that this new forum generated when it was suggested in this thread.

And the recent photo contest sponsored and managed by birdstrike was equally impressive.

I hope that this new forum gets a ⅔ majority of positive TB votes and becomes a reality.

GadgetFreak Apr 9, 2007 1:24 pm

I am in favor of it.

Cornroaster Apr 9, 2007 7:53 pm

Would this serve only as a photography "Exhibition" or would it also be a place for discussion of photography technology, assisistance and things such as recommendations for a good camera repair shop when on the road?