Wiki Posts
Search

a Spirit Airlines forum, it's time

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2015, 12:54 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by bdschobel
Anyway, Spirit is a close second (behind JetBlue) for busiest airline at FLL.
My Spirit-loving friends are also near FLL. Proof that schedule is king, and FF programs are an afterthought.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
It makes me wonder, if RyanAir is ever able to buy Air Lingus, will it be given a forum?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 2:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by gkbiiii
It makes me wonder, if RyanAir is ever able to buy Air Lingus, will it be given a forum?
Aer Lingus already has its own forum on FT.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 3:04 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Aer Lingus already has its own forum on FT.
I believe they're referring to Ryanair
Old Mar 14, 2015, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
So, Ryan would be part of the Air Lingus combined forum.

I have also wondered why Air Asia does not have a forum as well.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 10:09 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Discussion about Ryanair purchasing Aer Lingus is premature. particularly given Mr. O'Leary said he'd be willing to sell his shares should the current IAG (BA/IB) offer make Aer Lingus part of the IA Group.
Old May 23, 2015, 2:43 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Give Spirit a Forum

When the question of ditching the four Budget Airlines forums came up, I ran through Europe and the Americas' forums to check on activity levels. In the case of Europe, there's a decent amount of activity spread across several airlines. In the case of the Americas, however, about 60% of the activity in that forum is centered upon Spirit Airlines (Allegiant runs a distant second, with everyone else scattered far behind).

I'm not sure what the threshold for establishing a new forum, but Spirit seems to be steadily creeping up on it (as it steadily expands). The activity at present isn't horridly behind what seems to be the activity level of a few of the slower existing airline forums such as Frontier, and it seems to be quite a bit higher than any of the other sans-forum airlines (the next highest would probably be RyanAir).

FWIW, my biggest concern in making this suggestion isn't that it would fail for want of activity (I suspect that adding a forum would induce some activity above and beyond what exists now), but rather that it would turn into the "Kvetch About Spirit" forum.
Old May 29, 2015, 9:15 am
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I think we will need a Spirit forum soon, but I'd like to see whether Spirit buys Frontier, which will give it a forum automatically.
Old May 29, 2015, 5:15 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
11 threads in the last 2 months does not say to me a need for a forum. Especially as two of them seem to be about the same topic. These are the amount of replies they have:

61 (Open 13 Months)
4 (Open 1 Day)
1 (Open 3 Months)
24 (Open 12 Days)
0 (Open 1 Week)
20 (Open 4 Months)
132 (Open 3.5 Years)
11 (Open 1 Month)
0 (Open 1 Month)
1 (Open 6 Weeks)
20 (Open 2 Years)

I don't really see the traffic or demand I'm afraid.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
I think we will need a Spirit forum soon, but I'd like to see whether Spirit buys Frontier, which will give it a forum automatically.

I was able to bring this to a vote a couple years ago, perhaps its time to reexamine this question?
Old Jun 4, 2015, 2:29 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by gkbiiii
I was able to bring this to a vote a couple years ago, perhaps its time to reexamine this question?
If there are discussions of Spirit buying Frontier, then why not be patient and wait a bit to see if that materializes, making a vote unnecessary?
Old Jun 4, 2015, 12:15 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by kipper
If there are discussions of Spirit buying Frontier, then why not be patient and wait a bit to see if that materializes, making a vote unnecessary?
Agree.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Yup.

Bruce
Old Dec 5, 2015, 8:07 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by CMK10
11 threads in the last 2 months does not say to me a need for a forum. Especially as two of them seem to be about the same topic. These are the amount of replies they have:

61 (Open 13 Months)
4 (Open 1 Day)
1 (Open 3 Months)
24 (Open 12 Days)
0 (Open 1 Week)
20 (Open 4 Months)
132 (Open 3.5 Years)
11 (Open 1 Month)
0 (Open 1 Month)
1 (Open 6 Weeks)
20 (Open 2 Years)

I don't really see the traffic or demand I'm afraid.
Sometimes topics that seem to get little traffic and have little demand actually will get more traffic when there is a dedicated forum to that topic.

Given Spirit's growth in passenger and route counts, and given that it has a FFP, I don't see why it shouldn't have its own forum. When is this going to come up for a vote?

If a newly opened forum for the airline fails to generate whatever some may consider to be sufficient traffic after say a year or two, then TB is of course just as free to merge all the threads back into the current forums.

Spirit is one of the 10th largest airline in North America by some counts and bigger than Virgin America, an airline which has its own forum on FT.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 9:00 pm
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Given that Spirit has not bought Frontier in these 6 months, maybe it's time for just a Spirit forum. Mostly for discussion of using the airline, since the loyalty program is so weak.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.