"Omni" versus "OMNI"

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2006, 10:13 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by RichMSN
Frankly, I think that this line:

"the real reason this board exists is for Miles & Points"

may well be true since Randy wouldn't have started the board otherwise, but I would visit very rarely if it weren't for places like TravelBuzz, OMNI, and other Community-oriented forums. I am willing to bet that this is true for MANY, MANY regular and long-time posters.
Amen, sistah!
Old Oct 8, 2006, 10:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
RichMSN writes:

Frankly, I think that this line:

"the real reason this board exists is for Miles & Points"

may well be true since Randy wouldn't have started the board otherwise, but I would visit very rarely if it weren't for places like TravelBuzz, OMNI, and other Community-oriented forums. I am willing to bet that this is true for MANY, MANY regular and long-time posters.
I most certainly agree.

Eventually we all learn pretty much everything there is to know about our own preferred programs, and need only to check them occasionally for special promotions, etc., but still have a strong connection to the community and its activities.

The best part of FlyerTalk for me is making friends all over the world and attending Dos and learning about new cities and countries from the local point of view. It certainly has changed my life forever. ^
Old Oct 9, 2006, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by kokonutz
Amen, sistah!
Whenever someone tries to expand the "community" portion of FlyerTalk in a way that is distasteful to someone (for example, the Men's forum), this is the excuse/question that's brought out, though:

How will this help me maximize our earning and using of points and miles?

Well, why is that question important? Shouldn't the question be: How will a forum make the FT experience better, which will directly lead to more visits and more participation in the points/miles forums?

I subscribe, personally, to the Northwest forum and the Marriott forum, as those are the programs I use most. I also look at the other forums when I need to (an unexpected Hilton stay, for example).

But it's time to think about how successful FT would be without the Community-oriented forums and OMNI. How often would I visit FT if the *only* places to visit were directly points and miles related? Once a week? Once a month? Less?
Old Oct 11, 2006, 11:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by RichMSN
Whenever someone tries to expand the "community" portion of FlyerTalk in a way that is distasteful to someone (for example, the Men's forum), this is the excuse/question that's brought out, though:

How will this help me maximize our earning and using of points and miles?

Well, why is that question important? Shouldn't the question be: How will a forum make the FT experience better, which will directly lead to more visits and more participation in the points/miles forums?
Those are all very (extremely?) good questions. We should remember this next time new forums requests come up @:-) .
Old Oct 11, 2006, 2:15 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by magiciansampras
Those are all very (extremely?) good questions. We should remember this next time new forums requests come up @:-) .
Or TB elections! @:-) @:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.