Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Separate forums for Sixt and Europcar

Old Apr 5, 2005, 4:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AmEx Platinum, BA Gold, TAP Gold, Sixt Platinum

I'd like to suggest setting up separate forums for each Sixt and Europcar in the 'Car Rental Programs/Partners' section. They are the major competitors in the European rental car business and every single one of them has a much stronger position here than Hertz, Avis, National, Alamo and Budget together. I've seen several discussions about them in many different forums, such as the Lufthansa Miles & More forum and different European airport or city forums, so I'd welcome having this knowledge collected somewhere reasonable. Both companies have a tier system for frequent customers and both support a vast variety of airline and hotel programs.

Without the search function I unfortunately can't support my point with examples of threads, but I guess this only shows even more how important it is to have a tidy forums system

A current example would be this one: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=417419

Regards,
Stefan
Old Apr 5, 2005, 5:46 am

Programs: LH FTL, PC Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Stefan0521
I'd like to suggest setting up separate forums for each Sixt and Europcar in the 'Car Rental Programs/Partners' section.
I agree!
Old Apr 5, 2005, 8:15 am

Programs: LH, AF, EK
I'd like to suggest setting up separate forums for each Sixt and Europcar in the 'Car Rental Programs/Partners' section. They are the major competitors in the European rental car business and every single one of them has a much stronger position here than Hertz, Avis, National, Alamo and Budget together. I've seen several discussions about them in many different forums, such as the Lufthansa Miles & More forum and different European airport or city forums, so I'd welcome having this knowledge collected somewhere reasonable. Both companies have a tier system for frequent customers and both support a vast variety of airline and hotel programs.

Without the search function I unfortunately can't support my point with examples of threads, but I guess this only shows even more how important it is to have a tidy forums system

A current example would be this one: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=417419

Regards,
Stefan
I agree!

I asked myself the same question. Why ins't there a separate froum for sixt and europcar, since they are strong in germany as well as in other european contries?

check balance
Old Apr 5, 2005, 8:36 am

Programs: BA,Amex,Hilton,Hyatt,SPG
I'd like to suggest setting up separate forums for each Sixt and Europcar in the 'Car Rental Programs/Partners' section.
I agree!
Old Apr 5, 2005, 9:04 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
this has been brought to the attention of the talkboard
Old Apr 5, 2005, 11:09 am

Programs: QR Gold, LH FTL, AB Silver, BA Silver, OK+Blue,PC Plat, SPG Plat, HH DIA, TK Gold (working on black)
I would like to have the new forum as well
Old Apr 10, 2005, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
I think a forum titled "Other Car Rental Programs/Providers" would be more useful, as this would allow posts about not only the European rental agencies but also Enterprise here in the U.S. and all smaller rental agencies worldwide.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 3:30 am

I support this request!

How about one forum for "other U.S. rental programs" and one for "other European rental progams"? Since Sixt and Europcar have no stations in the USA (Europcar has a handfull in Canada, but not in the USA) it would not make sense to mix them. And Sixt/Europcar are definitive major player in Europe, they are bigger then Avis and Hertz here.

Hammer
Old Apr 16, 2005, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AmEx Platinum, BA Gold, TAP Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Hammer
How about one forum for "other U.S. rental programs" and one for "other European rental progams"? Since Sixt and Europcar have no stations in the USA (Europcar has a handfull in Canada, but not in the USA) it would not make sense to mix them.
Dito! ^
Old May 26, 2005, 9:43 am

Dito! ^
Would be a good thing to have these two new forums....
Old May 26, 2005, 10:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
This is currently being voted on by TalkBoard and will be decided by the end of the month.
Old Jun 3, 2005, 3:56 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Non US Based Car Rental Forum

On 2 Jun 2005, The TalkBoard recommended the establishment of a "Non-US Based Car Rental Programs" forum which would include, but not be limited to, European companies.

This recommendation passed, 8-1.

Voting yes: attorney28, Dovster, gleff, kempis, missydarlin, ScottC, Spiff, Starwood Lurker

Voting no: wharvey

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.