Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Flyertalk Luggage tags--What's up with that?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2004, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)

I thought I would do my part and pay to give Flyertalk some advertising space for free on my luggage, so I ordered two tags.
To my dismay the bright yellow luggage tags that came are roughly the size of oversized tongue depressors, completely dwarfing my AA Platinum tags that I worked so hard for!

My plan is to trim the FT tags WAY down to size and still possibly use them, otherwise it'll be $6 chucked but the question remains. What's up with these gargantuan tags?
Old Feb 27, 2004, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
I'm not sure if you were trying to solicit specific TalkBoard input or not.

If not, I think they are so large so they can be easily spotted in the airport. The reason I keep an FT tag on my bag is so I can meet up with other random FTers in airports. If the tag were the size of my AA EXP tag I would have to be leaning down and squinting at every bag I saw in the airport.

If I were to do that, I would probably get a LOT more looks than wheeling around with the school bus yellow tag.
Old Feb 27, 2004, 8:17 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Not sure why this is in the Talkboard thread... I can assure you, Randy does not ask the Talkboard for advertising and promotion advice...

I am happy with the tags being the size they are... they get noticed... the one person from FT who happenned to recognize my tags - MatthewClement - would not have seen me without those large tags.

So, keep 'em big!

William
Old Feb 27, 2004, 8:23 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
I could have sworn this post was first in the Only Randy Petersen forum (twice). Someone must have moved it.
Old Feb 27, 2004, 9:29 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, DL Silver, TSA Harassee
It was posted twice here this AM.

Don't know where the second thread went.
Old Feb 27, 2004, 9:34 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
I agree; this is not a topic for TalkBoard.

pushback, please email your concerns about FT merchandise to the staff.

If you want to start a discussion about luggage tag size in general, TravelBuzz might be an appropriate place to do so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.