Dream

Old Dec 30, 2001, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Dream

I had a dream last night that the entire TalkBoard resigned except for one person. Never did find out who it was...

Weird eh?

Dorian
Old Dec 30, 2001, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: British Airways Gold (oneWorld Emerald), Starwood Preferred Guest Platinum
I had a dream about going to a nudist beach with a lot of hot 20-something girls. Sounds like my dream was a lot more fun than yours.

And, I believe I know several people on the TalkBoard who would not dream of resigning - I certainly never would.
Old Dec 30, 2001, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2021-22-23;Formerly a longtime UA Premier Exec; NW silver (legacy), Alaska Gold (way back)
My dream last night was much more mundane: that one of our former mayors (now deceased) asked me if Law Lord Sr. (a behind-the-scenes political player) had really called her a "dumbs--t."

I will cheerfully trade that dream for Goldlust's dream, and throw in all my rental car upgrade coupons.

Old Dec 30, 2001, 7:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: British Airways Gold (oneWorld Emerald), Starwood Preferred Guest Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Law Lord:

I will cheerfully trade that dream for Goldlust's dream, and throw in all my rental car upgrade coupons.

</font>

Alas, I have no driver's license.
Old Dec 30, 2001, 9:21 pm

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
Perhaps if you hadn't resigned Dorian, you wouldn't need to dream would you? As to the purpose of starting this thread???
Old Dec 31, 2001, 4:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
I don't know...maybe to give you guys something to talk about?

Dorian
Old Dec 31, 2001, 11:50 am

Programs: UA 1K 2021-22-23;Formerly a longtime UA Premier Exec; NW silver (legacy), Alaska Gold (way back)
. . . and my hotel upgrade coupons, too.
Old Dec 31, 2001, 12:16 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Law Lord:
. . . and my hotel upgrade coupons, too. </font>
Yeah, actually, a friend of mine needs to rent a car in the US this summer. Only, he's only 20 so I guess it will be hard getting any car - upgraded or otherwise.

Old Jan 3, 2002, 9:50 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

FWIW, I do not usually remember my dreams. However, if I did, I would probably have dreamed that the TalkBoard gave us all a concise, informative update on their activities thusfar!
Old Jan 7, 2002, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Edited

[This message has been edited by ScottC (edited 01-08-2002).]
Old Jan 7, 2002, 8:30 am
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Anybody see Vanilla Sky?
Old Jan 7, 2002, 5:35 pm
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Who is making up the body of the Talkboard now since Dorian and others have left?

Old Jan 7, 2002, 6:05 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

I've tried to always take the higher road because it's the more difficult one to stay on, especially with a senseless thread like this. As much as there is a great opportunity to wallow and sling some mud in return, I think I'll stay on the road I started on. However, I think I'll keep this thread bookmarked as an example of what's not always right with FlyerTalk, and let others I show it to see the names of those members who made the example happen. Ever notice that after slinging some types of mud that you can't seem to get your hands clean again?

My personal belief is that members of TalkBoard should not have to put up with senseless ridicule such as this from any member with current posting privileges. Once a member loses posting privileges, they can say what they want to instill bad taste from anyone who will then listen to them. But as long as any member has active posting privileges, I think it would be well within reason for them to support our volunteers.
Old Jan 7, 2002, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

I reread the above posts but couldn't figure out where the "mudslinging" was?

The weird part about it is I really did have the dream. I remember there was some signed document but I couldn't read who didn't sign it.

If there is disrespect shown to FT volunteers in this thread then there are another thousand or more that are far worse.

Dorian
Old Jan 8, 2002, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Randy, Talkboard members and other readers..

I appologise for the post I made above, I am not sure I was meant in Randy's post but after reading it I felt the post I made was not appropriate and what I meant to say in it was purely a joke and had not a single other meaning. I have nothing at all against the Talkboard and fully support the work they are doing. Please keep up the good work and disregard my (edited) post.

Scott

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.