Discussion in TalkBoard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discussion in TalkBoard

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2001, 8:14 pm
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
Cigarman,

Thank you for your intelligent reply. I am happy to cease-fire on "cheap shots" if they are no longer taken at me. Be assured though that I will fire back, each and every time. Try to think about that during the next post you make if you begin to type my name.

And rest assured my use of the word "they" was quite intentional.

And as long as you mention Moremiles, how many of the new FT Talkboard are owners/founders of that esteemed and honorable group? 20%? 35%? 40%? 50%? (Remember them, the folks you called "elitist". The ones who you traded poison pen letters with - your new associates?)

Politics certainly makes for strange bedfellows.

Dorian, please feel free to e-mail me if any of my posts require clarification. I'll be happy to provide it. Or perhaps this might be an appropriate "get out of jail free" card for me, as it seemed to be for others in the past:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
Sure I overstepped the bounds of the TOS...maybe others did too but that doesn't matter.

I would like to apologize to anyone offended by my comments and/or the entire thread in general.

I have lotsa friends here and they know well I always speak my mind...just the way I am. As some of you know...it often gets me in hot water!
</font>
Yeah! that's the ticket! I was just speaking my mind...after all, I have to be me, right?

[This message has been edited by NJDavid (edited 10-25-2001).]
Old Oct 25, 2001, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TalkBoard: We discuss / ad nauseum things that mean / so very little
Why is this such a big deal? At least it is good to see that there is some activity going on there - to me, it means they are busy doing their jobs as TalkBoard members. When they come out and announce the results of their discussions on policies, etc., then the real debate begins.

FewMiles..

------------------
[ FlyerTalkers' Resources on the Web ]
[ Unofficial Guide to AAdvantage ] [ Unofficial oneworld Info Desk ]
Old Oct 26, 2001, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Fewmiles.

Thank you.

Dan
Old Oct 26, 2001, 1:52 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old Oct 26, 2001, 2:02 pm
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FewMiles:
Why is this such a big deal? At least it is good to see that there is some activity going on there - to me, it means they are busy doing their jobs as TalkBoard members. When they come out and announce the results of their discussions on policies, etc., then the real debate begins.

FewMiles..

</font>
Dorain had said - "what/how/if to make the recommendations provided to Randy public.", and the inclusion of if seems to suggest that there is a possibility that the recommendations may not be made public. Even if they are public, it would be nice to see where individuals members stand.
Old Oct 29, 2001, 2:37 pm
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

So what is being discussed in TalkBoard?

And if already not being discussed, could there be some discussion on what should be posted to MilesBuzz (80-90% of posts there have nothing to do with FFPs or miles)? Thanks.
Old Oct 29, 2001, 3:00 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
well, the title has Miles in it, but the subtitle just says: Discussion of the latest frequent flyer buzz...
Old Oct 29, 2001, 3:16 pm
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Rudi:
well, the title has Miles in it, but the subtitle just says: Discussion of the latest frequent flyer buzz... </font>
That itself is pretty murky. Is it buzz about frequent flyer topics, or is it FFlyers' buzz about any topics? And what defines buzz?
Old Oct 30, 2001, 7:16 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
From the sound of it, I think the FT board would probably be more civil if it was public, and that would be healthy.

After all, tthere's nothing to prevent individuals from communicating with each other off line?

How are we to make future votes if the discussions and positions of the Board are all held in closed session...?

The analogy with the US Gov't is pretty strong -- except please keep in mind that this is a friendly bulletin board community...
Old Oct 30, 2001, 7:42 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM
If our desire is to know about and be a part of the discussions the Talkboard has [IN GREAT DETAIL], the Talkboard quickly becomes useless.

I supported the creation of the Talkboard and support its existence. For those who've never developed systems or boards or committees before, please be patient: it may just take a few weeks for everything to work well. In the end, the decisions made by the Talkboard and the way those decisions are reached will NOT please everyone.

Having said that, I support the Talkboard's "divine right" to discuss issues of relevance to the entire FT community behind CLOSED doors. I believe that's often the most efficient way to provide a forum for solid decision-making. However, in the interest of keeping the community and touch, and keeping in touch with the community, I also believe it's wise to regularly post to the community about the topics and issues the board is dealing with. No?

There's my two cents.
If there's anything I've learned, it's that patience is indeed a virtue that eludes most of us, much of the time.

(edited to insert text in first line)

[This message has been edited by rpmkwpw (edited 10-30-2001).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.