FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TalkBoard Topics (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkboard-topics-382/)
-   -   Thank You. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkboard-topics/1804284-thank-you.html)

Canarsie Nov 24, 2016 11:01 am

Thank You.

Please allow me to take this opportunity on Thanksgiving Day 2016 to thank you for the opportunity to serve you as a member of TalkBoard.

I am honored to be the last president of this advisory board; and even though you and I may not have always looked at the issues which affected FlyerTalk in exactly the same way, FlyerTalk usually improved as a result — and I have always learned from your point of view.

The lights will be shut off on TalkBoard in a few days as we ride off into the sunset; but I am thankful to have worked with my colleagues on TalkBoard to help FlyerTalk become a better place for all who participate.

As for me, I will continue to serve FlyerTalk as a moderator and in other capacities — and I would be lying to you if I said that I did not get anything in return. My services are the least I could do in return for all of the great advice and experiences — and friendships which developed over the years — as a result of my simply being an active member of FlyerTalk. I am truly thankful for FlyerTalk — and for you.

Although TalkBoard will no longer exist in a few days, please do not interpret that as one fewer way to ensure the continued success of FlyerTalk and the power it has to literally change the lives of people when it comes to travel. Its success starts with you. You have the power to improve FlyerTalk simply by contributing to it; and I hope that you will take full advantage of that opportunity.

Wherever you are and whatever you may be doing, may you and yours have the best Thanksgiving holiday yet this year; and may you be truly thankful for all that you have and experienced.

I know I am. Thank you.

SkiAdcock Nov 24, 2016 11:13 am

I think he means FTers when he says you :)

I've followed TB for years, long before I served on it. I think TB has made many contributions to FT since 2001 & am proud to have served on it for 5 years.

I've appreciated over the years FTers input, laid-back or heated, agree or disagree. If we all didn't want FT to be a better place for ourselves & other travelers, we all wouldn't have been so passionate about it.

For those who've wondered, nope - we didn't get paid to serve on TB. We did it for the love of abuse, er, input, and the ability to give back.

I know I've learned so much from other FTers via their posts on the various forums & made a number of friends, both virtual & in real life, with other FTers. I've gained so much that contributing via TB and my posts on the various forums was just one small way to give back.

So, on this American Thanksgiving Day, many thanks to FTers & see you on the various forums moving forward.

For those worried there still won't be a place to provide input since TB is in its final week, fear not. A new forum for suggestions has been created & resides in CommunityBuzz. When you have ideas & suggestions that you think will better FT (non-technical ones; there's a separate forum for technical issues), please post in the new forum.

The Suggestion Box

Cheers.

tcook052 Nov 24, 2016 11:58 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock (Post 27523116)
I've appreciated over the years FTers input, laid-back or heated, agree or disagree. If we all didn't want FT to be a better place for ourselves & other travelers, we all wouldn't have been so passionate about it.

I couldn't have said it better. Thanks to all current and past TB members for their contributions.

goalie Nov 24, 2016 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052 (Post 27523305)
I couldn't have said it better. Thanks to all current and past TB members for their contributions.

Agreed ^ and I would also like to say thank you for allowing the honor of serving on TalkBoard

jackal Nov 25, 2016 11:21 am

I'm thankful there weren't any crises requiring my attention yesterday, so I was able to enjoy a day with family--and ended up not logging in to FlyerTalk at all yesterday. :D

So, despite the fact that it's a day late, I'd like to add my gratitude here for the members who have allowed me to serve on the TalkBoard and for Randy and Carol for creating and sustaining this unique format of helping to better the FlyerTalk community.

The FlyerTalk community itself is one of the things I'm most grateful for in my life, as it has directly impacted virtually every aspect of my life--it's completely changed and enabled what I do for fun, formed my primary social circle, and has even been directly responsible for the awesome job I fell into. I'm grateful those things will continue, even in the absence of the TalkBoard. ^

Doc Savage Nov 25, 2016 11:37 am

Thank you to all TB members past and present for volunteering many hours to make FT a better place.

JDiver Nov 25, 2016 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Doc Savage (Post 27526393)
Thank you to all TB members past and present for volunteering many hours to make FT a better place.

Canarsie has always been my role model in leadership in particular, in feedback, response, etc. and he nearly said it all. Thank you for your erudition and many contributions in TB and elsewhere on FT, Canarsie.

As we're near closing and it's Thanksgiving period, let me add my thanks to the many who have served on TalkBoard, as well as those who have brought suggestions and input to TB, by using Doc Savage's words. A hearty "thank you" and safe travels.

One more member weighs in.

Changing hats, it has been a privilege to be one of your moderation team. I do hope you'll all continue sharing recommendations in the new Suggestion Box forum.

ysolde Nov 26, 2016 2:49 pm

Thank you to all TB members, past and present, for giving your time, effort, and careful consideration over the years to make FT the community we all participate in, learn from, and forge the bonds of friendships in.

rwoman Nov 30, 2016 3:22 am

30th November 2016

Fellow TB Members and followers,

So, today is the last day of our tenure. Just wanted to post a public thank you to my fellow TB members and fellow FTers who have remained engaged along the way.

Take care and happy travels!
:)

JDiver Nov 30, 2016 8:04 am

1 Attachment(s)
Our thanks to those who served our community by volunteering and being elected to,TalkBoard, and to the many members who contributed ideas and input here.

It has been a privilege to moderate this forum.

May your travels be easy and safe.

Your TalkBoard Topics forum moderation team,

Moderator2 and JDiver

GUWonder Nov 30, 2016 8:23 am

Originally Posted by rwoman (Post 27545413)
Fellow TB Members and followers,

So, today is the last day of our tenure. Just wanted to post a public thank you to my fellow TB members and fellow FTers who have remained engaged along the way.

Take care and happy travels!
:)

^^

nsx Nov 30, 2016 5:52 pm

Meeting and working with other TalkBoard members has been one of the highlights of my time on FlyerTalk. It has been exciting to dig in and figure out how or whether to change things to improve FT.

Now I need to add The Suggestion Box to my list of subscribed forums on My FlyerTalk!