Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Voting Over, Motion Passed: Creation of a Lodging Services Forum (Including AirBnB)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 28, 2016, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This thread documents the creation of the new Non-hotel Lodging Services including Airbnb and VRBO forum from the announcement the vote is open, through the vote and announcement by the Community Director of the new forum's opening. Post-opening discussion is included as well.

The initial forum suggestion thread can be read at Lodging Services forum (such as Airbnb, VRBO, Homeaway, etc)

Non-hotel Lodging Services including Airbnb and VRBO (link)
Print Wikipost

Voting Over, Motion Passed: Creation of a Lodging Services Forum (Including AirBnB)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2016, 8:30 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by CMK10
But we have the Friendly Motion option (or whatever we decided to call it), care to present an alternative?
Thanks. I have just asked the other TB members if they are OK with adding Non-Hotel in front of Lodging Services.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Reading the recent comments it seems like TB has as many random rules, if not more, than the US senate

Anyway I vote yes, and I also like the name of Non-hotel lodging services
Old Nov 16, 2016, 9:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Reading the recent comments it seems like TB has as many random rules
Only random to the random reader. There are TB Guidelines posted in the forum sticky it should be noted.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tcook052
Only random to the random reader. There are TB Guidelines posted in the forum sticky it should be noted.
Touche!

I just went to read the sticky. Wayyyy too many words. I mean lets be honest, expecting a FT reader to read more than 4 consecutive lines without a paragraph break, or without a tl;dr at the bottom just isn't going to be read by many people.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 9:38 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
And the US Senate has less?

Cheers.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
Thanks. I have just asked the other TB members if they are OK with adding Non-Hotel in front of Lodging Services.
I don't think we need the friendly amendment at this point. TB will not exist in 2 weeks. This is the last vote. The odds are very strong that this forum is going to pass (ie, based on TB members votes to date & comments by other TB members that they're supportive of it.; however, it's not a done deal yet as not all votes are in).

This isn't rocket science. FTers are supportive of the forum & a # have said they don't care what it's called or what forum it resides in, as long as it gets created.

Even if we decide to do a friendly amendment (which I'm against at this point as I don't think it's needed given the above), it doesn't mean the CD needs to go w/ it. She probably would, but odds are given the CD is reading this thread, the other public forum thread, & the private forum she knows the name & the forum already.

So count me as a No on friendly amendment for a couple of reasons: one being the above (the main reason) and the other is that I have a very hard time believing that a couple of TB members who have said they'll support this/vote yes will suddenly change their mind unless the word-smithing is done.

Cheers.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 9:49 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
The friendly amendment fails immediately due to lack of unanimous concurrence.

Carol can read the discussion and make up her own mind on the exact wording.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
The friendly amendment fails immediately due to lack of unanimous concurrence.

Carol can read the discussion and make up her own mind on the exact wording.
I'm sure she's already done that based on the comments in the public forum. She tends to keep up to speed on both private & public TB forums.

* PS - for those new to Talkboard, Carol is the current CommunityDirector of FT.

Cheers.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 11:37 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
As of today, this motion has received enough votes that it will pass. Therefore, the new forum should be opened to public use.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 11:45 am

As of today, this motion has received enough votes that it will pass. Therefore, the new forum should be opened to public use.
The motion has received enough votes to pass, but final results won't be posted until all 9 TB members have voted or the deadline expires, whichever happens first.

The new forum can be created immediately, but isn't required to do so. Dependent upon the CommunityDirector's schedule.

Cheers.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 12:28 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I realise the final outcome of the vote is ahead of us, so I hope my expression of thanks today isn’t too premature.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero
I realise the final outcome of the vote is ahead of us, so I hope my expression of thanks today isn’t too premature.
We know it will pass. We just don't know what the #s will be & who voted which way until all the votes are in or the deadline has passed. You're welcome though

Cheers.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
^
Old Nov 19, 2016, 3:01 pm

like this forum suggetsion
Old Nov 19, 2016, 4:15 pm

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Addition to category description

Listing "vacation rentals" in the sub-description would be good to attract traffic. That's a well-accepted phrase for non-biz non-hotel rentals. A forum on this subject is greatly needed. On Elliott, we deal with at least one problem in the vacation rental category per week. People are truly clueless about the perils of this kind of rental.

My vote is YES to add this category.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.