Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Voting Open / Changing the LAN Forum Name to LATAM (motion will pass)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Voting Open / Changing the LAN Forum Name to LATAM (motion will pass)

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2016, 12:45 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Voting Over, Motion Passed: Changing the LAN Forum Name to LATAM

Moved by SkiAdcock and seconded by jackal

Talkboard recommends renaming the LAN|LANPass forum name to

Forum title: LATAM | LATAM Pass and LATAM Fidelidade
Forum description: Including LAN, LAN Argentina, LAN Colombia, LAN Equador, LAN Peru, TAM Airlines, and TAM Paraguay

and moving TAM threads from other forums into the newly named forum"

Per the TalkBoard Guidelines:

A motion shall pass if at least two-thirds of the yes or no votes cast by TalkBoard members are ‘yes’ and a majority of the total TalkBoard membership votes 'yes.'

The purpose of posting voting topics in the public TalkBoard Topics forum is to solicit member feedback on any motions that are up for a vote and to allow for comments after a vote is made. It is at the sole discretion of the individual TalkBoard members whether they choose to post in the public discussion thread, there being no requirement to do so.

So while there is already a thread and discussion on this general topic and it is safe to assume that TalkBoard members have reviewed that thread, this thread is about this specific motion.

Please feel free to post questions, comments or any other sort of feedback in this thread, or in the other discussion thread.

Voting will commence by TB members two days after the public posting of this motion.

Voting will commence at 2:45 PM on Tuesday May 10th.

Last edited by CMK10; May 24, 2016 at 9:54 am Reason: Typo
Old May 8, 2016, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
As the company has changed its name for all of the carriers, and the FFPs changed name over a month ago (but it will be some time until all the aircraft lipstick has been changed and people are aware of the new name), I cannot imagine what opposition there might be to this. There is no longer LAN nor a LANPASS nor TAM Fidelidade.

Byebye. I'll miss you most:

Name:  img3.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  44.2 KB
Old May 10, 2016, 7:31 am

Programs: LANPASS
i say YES
Old May 11, 2016, 11:14 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Voted yes to the change. Seems simple enough and the name change will cover all the different LAN subsidiaries.
Old May 12, 2016, 9:04 pm

Programs: Latampass Black
While I'm happy that there would be one forum, I think there needs to be some thought put in to dealing with the fact that Latam still has 2 programs - Latam Pass & Latam Fidelidade. There remain significant differences between the two for things such as eligibilty & a single forum may confuse the issue for some members
Old May 12, 2016, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FairDinkumMate
While I'm happy that there would be one forum, I think there needs to be some thought put in to dealing with the fact that Latam still has 2 programs - Latam Pass & Latam Fidelidade. There remain significant differences between the two for things such as eligibilty & a single forum may confuse the issue for some members
It is probably not that much more different than airlines that have different rules for different countries.
Old May 13, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: Latampass Black
There are some BIG differences

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
It is probably not that much more different than airlines that have different rules for different countries.
Latam Pass & Latam Fidelidade have totally different points systems.

LatamPass is kilometre based while Latam Fidelidade is points based on the price you pay for your ticket.

This means that the same ticket can receive substantially different points values depending on which program you are in.

I don't know if the changes have taken out some of the other major differences. eg. LanPass issued companion vouchers to Comodoro members but Tam Fidelidade didn't.
Old May 13, 2016, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FairDinkumMate
Latam Pass & Latam Fidelidade have totally different points systems.

LatamPass is kilometre based while Latam Fidelidade is points based on the price you pay for your ticket.

This means that the same ticket can receive substantially different points values depending on which program you are in.

I don't know if the changes have taken out some of the other major differences. eg. LanPass issued companion vouchers to Comodoro members but Tam Fidelidade didn't.
My point exactly. Look, i.e., at the T&C for non-US based UA flyers: "The Premier® qualifying dollars (PQD) requirement only applies to members whose primary MileagePlus account address is in the 50 United States or the District of Columbia. Those who use military or diplomatic addresses (APO, DPO or FPO) are exempt from the PQD requirement. "

In any event, I would naturally expect that anyone posting about the Fidelidade program as opposed to Pass program would post as such.
Old May 17, 2016, 8:53 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
This motion has received the required six votes and will pass.
Old May 17, 2016, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
And so it will be good.

Amen

(I can't wait to see if anyone voted no, abstained, or forgot.)
Old May 18, 2016, 6:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by CMK10
It should be noted that voting is ongoing & final votes yes/no/abstain/didn't vote & who voted which way or didn't won't be announced until all 9 TB members have voted and/or the 14 day voting period ends.

Cheers.
Old May 18, 2016, 12:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I voted yest although I still have some reservations about whether we're creating the "joint" forum too soon. I see future and present perfect tenses being used to describe the unification and rebranding steps that are being taken, not any indication that the essential parts of the combination have all been done or any specific dates (which doesn't surprise me).
Old May 18, 2016, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I voted yest although I still have some reservations about whether we're creating the "joint" forum too soon. I see future and present perfect tenses being used to describe the unification and rebranding steps that are being taken, not any indication that the essential parts of the combination have all been done or any specific dates (which doesn't surprise me).
There are no longer any LAN nor TAM, just paint. There are no longer any plans called LANPass nor TAM Fidelidade. Any attempt to access various LAN or TAM websites redirect to LATAM websites. Other than paint, markings on various onboard vajilla, and the like, the essential parts of the combination are complete. Oh, and telling your taxi driver what airline you're flying ...
Old May 18, 2016, 2:46 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
There are no longer any LAN nor TAM, just paint. There are no longer any plans called LANPass nor TAM Fidelidade. Any attempt to access various LAN or TAM websites redirect to LATAM websites. Other than paint, markings on various onboard vajilla, and the like, the essential parts of the combination are complete. Oh, and telling your taxi driver what airline you're flying ...
I personally want to thank you, JohnnyColombia and other FlyerTalk members for assisting with the crafting of the motion based on the knowledge you have pertaining to this topic; and I especially want to thank SkiAdcock for her role in investigating and ensuring that the information for this motion was as factual and as informative as possible before it was put to a vote.

Thank you.

This is but one of many examples of what FlyerTalk is all about...
Old May 20, 2016, 8:45 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Rather than derail a thread dedicated to voting on a proposed motion with dilatory discussion about specific procedural matters, as several have suggested the posts in question have been moved - to the existing thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...real-time.html, as suggested by jackal, since the discussion revisits the topic.

Please continue the procedural discussion there.

Thank you,

/JDiver, Moderator (and curator - librarian )

Last edited by JDiver; May 20, 2016 at 8:53 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.