Search

Suggestion: new forum on Cash back sites

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2016, 10:43 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Suggestion: new forum on Cash back sites

I don't know if this is the right place for this suggestion, if not please move to the appropriate forum.

A forum I think Flyertalk would benefit from is one that discusses CashBack sites (TopCashBack and others).

I know many other frequent flyers make use of these sites today, still it's not always clear with site offers the best benefits. Benefits change from time to time, sometimes promotions are going on. Cashback don't always post as they should. Enough to discuss I think.

Flyertalkers could also benefit from exchanging their strategies regarding the use of CashBack sites.
Old May 4, 2016, 11:36 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
1) You're right, not the right forum. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkboard-topics-382/
2) Did you look at the S.P.A.M. Forum? That pretty much already does that.

Last edited by JDiver; May 4, 2016 at 3:46 pm Reason: Edited link
Old May 4, 2016, 12:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
As this is outside the purview of the Information Desk we'll relocate this post.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old May 8, 2016, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Adam1222
1) You're right, not the right forum. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkboard-topics-382/
2) Did you look at the S.P.A.M. Forum? That pretty much already does that.
^

While S.P.A.M.'s mandate is a bit broader than just discussion of cashback sites, it does include discussion of cashback sites and indeed there is already existing discussion of TopCashBack and other similar "schemes" (in the British sense of that word ) there that is both well-trafficked and not overwhelming to the current forum, so as a TalkBoard member, I wouldn't at this time support a new, dedicated forum for cashback.
Old May 11, 2016, 11:16 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Agreed. There is already discussion at the S.P.A.M. section of FT about CB sites. If anything, maybe the mods can make a sticky with a wiki covering all the different CB sites?
Old May 11, 2016, 12:19 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
I'd say that 99% of what might be discussed could be easily answered by a visit to cashbackmonitor.com.
Old May 11, 2016, 6:02 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

For all of the aforementioned reasons and more; I would not support the creation of this proposed new forum.
Old May 11, 2016, 8:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jason8612
Agreed. There is already discussion at the S.P.A.M. section of FT about CB sites. If anything, maybe the mods can make a sticky with a wiki covering all the different CB sites?
S.P.A.M. only has one mod, so I think that's a lot to ask of them. Information about cash back sites can be found by searching for the site name. If one wants to find which site has the highest payout for a particular merchant, there are already existing sites that maintain that information.
Old May 11, 2016, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
If anything, maybe the mods can make a sticky with a wiki covering all the different CB sites?
Anyone can create and edit a wiki--in fact, moderators often do not have the time for it and often depend on forum members to create the content.

I am certain that if a useful wiki were written by a generous member or group of members, the moderator would gladly sticky it.
Old May 12, 2016, 1:08 am

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Canarsie
For all of the aforementioned reasons and more; I would not support the creation of this proposed new forum.
I'd like to point out that objections to proposed forums always seem to center on one of two things:

1. There is no interest in the topic.

OR

2. There are plenty of posts/threads on this topic already in various forums.

The latter appears to be the case here. If there are, indeed, many different places on FT where cash back is being discussed, why not establish a single forum for all of these posts/threads? It would certainly make life easier for those who are interested in them.
Old May 12, 2016, 4:48 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Dovster
I'd like to point out that objections to proposed forums always seem to center on one of two things:

OR

The latter appears to be the case here. If there are, indeed, many different places on FT where cash back is being discussed, why not establish a single forum for all of these posts/threads? It would certainly make life easier for those who are interested in them.
S.P.A.M. is the forum for the threads.
Old May 12, 2016, 9:20 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Dovster

OR

Not various forums or many different places: S.P.A.M. (one forum).
Old May 12, 2016, 6:13 pm

Programs: US,HH
When I view the Spam forum, I see Pampers points, Kelloggs rewards, Coke rewards, congas. Last place I'd ever think to look for information on cashback sights that I'd use for booking my travel.

I'll continue to use other sites such as evreward or cashbackmonitor to find the information.
Old May 13, 2016, 5:29 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Could the forum description of S.P.A.M. be tweaked to say that cash back discussion also belongs there? Would that help solve the problem, kellio33?
Old May 13, 2016, 3:36 pm

Programs: US,HH
Honestly, no. I really don't want to dig through the, well, Spam to find to find the info.
As I said, there are several sites that are better organized. I don't want to have to search in a junk forum, when the search actually does works. :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.