Search

Time to change LANPass name and possibly incorporate TAM into forum

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2016, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
Time to change LANPass name and possibly incorporate TAM into forum

LANPass is now LATAM Pass, and TAM Fidelidade is now LATAM Fidelidade. They are still two programs (but categories are now identical).

So, dear TB, it is time to agree unanimously that the (1) LANPass forum needs changing (because there is no longer a program called LANPass) and (2) decide whether or not it is time to incorporate TAMchat into the same forum.

I would hope that (1) is completely non-controversial and will be changed without abstentions or nays. (2) makes sense because this will put everything that will eventually end up in the same home just get there sooner.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
LANPass is now LATAM Pass, and TAM Fidelidade is now LATAM Fidelidade. They are still two programs (but categories are now identical).

So, dear TB, it is time to agree unanimously that the (1) LANPass forum needs changing (because there is no longer a program called LANPass) and (2) decide whether or not it is time to incorporate TAMchat into the same forum.

I would hope that (1) is completely non-controversial and will be changed without abstentions or nays. (2) makes sense because this will put everything that will eventually end up in the same home just get there sooner.
I'm sure we'll get around to semi-unanimously approving this painfully controversial request in about six to eight weeks (plus two weeks due to a delay in finalizing the vote).
Old Apr 2, 2016, 11:42 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I know little about the changes you are proposing, Eastbay1K; so unless there is vehement opposition to your proposal, I will consider voting in support of it.

Let us see if there is any other discussion pertaining to this proposal...
Old Apr 2, 2016, 2:39 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Sounds like a good idea to me, I don't know much about these areas but the OP does.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Canarsie
I know little about the changes you are proposing, Eastbay1K; so unless there is vehement opposition to your proposal, I will consider voting in support of it.

Let us see if there is any other discussion pertaining to this proposal...
There may be a few people with issues w#2 because for the time being, LAN and TAM are still distinct entities (and in fact, all the LAN airlines are distinct entities flying under the same name). But soon enough they'll all be named LATAM. If TAM had its own forum, I'd say keep them separate for awhile longer, but since it currently "resides" in the "other" forum, with occasional posting in the LAN forum, they might as well share a home now.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 5:11 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by jackal
I'm sure we'll get around to semi-unanimously approving this painfully controversial request in about six to eight weeks (plus two weeks due to a delay in finalizing the vote).
ROFLMAO!
Old Apr 3, 2016, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Today, LAN had a TV commercial and in it the FF program was LATAM Pass with the new logo.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 7:42 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
This would be a propitious time to make this change; LATAM Pass became effective this month.

The English language pages are not as detailed as Castilian Spanish pages. E.g.

Descubre los nuevos nombres de las categorías LATAM Pass

Discover the names of the LATAM Pass categories.

Desde ahora estarán disponibles las nuevas categorías Elite LATAM Pass, las que les brindarán a nuestros socios el mismo servicio en todos sus viajes, ya sea volando en LAN o TAM.

The new Elite LATAM Pass tiers are available as of now; they will offer our members the same service in all their travels, whether flying LAN or TAM.

Podrás descargar la tarjeta de tu categoría en la aplicación LAN Airlines en App Store o en Google Play.

You will be able to download the card for your tier from the LAN Airlines app from App Store or Google Play.

(Old and new tier names, pre- and after April.)

http://www.lan.com/es_es/latam-pass/...-a-latam-pass/

Adios, Comodoro.

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 4, 2016 at 8:03 am
Old Apr 4, 2016, 7:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Metal inflation: Silver becomes Platinum?
Old Apr 4, 2016, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Metal inflation: Silver becomes Platinum?
Actually, looks like they "borrowed" Gold and Platinum from AA, dropped the Comodoro and borrowed once again from AMEX. IMO, not very imaginative, but...
Old Apr 4, 2016, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JDiver

Adios, Comodoro.
Well, perhaps the TAM folks wouldn't do well with status with roots named in the armada chilena. They probably figure it is bad enough they're running the actual ship "but you don't need to rub it in our faces!"
Old Apr 4, 2016, 8:50 am

Well, perhaps the TAM folks wouldn't do well with status with roots named in the armada chilena. They probably figure it is bad enough they're running the actual ship "but you don't need to rub it in our faces!"
Precísamente!
Old Apr 7, 2016, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

On the aircraft they are now welcoming their LATAMpass members.

So, when is this going up for a discussion? The old name is cooked.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 5:34 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
So, when is this going up for a discussion? The old name is cooked.
This right here is a discussion, it's only been a week and one of the most frequent criticisms we receive is that we move too fast. I'll go ahead and start a thread in the private forum though.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 10:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I was going to post a thread re: the potential forum name change in the LAN forum to give FTers who frequent that forum (as well as the other North & South America forum) a chance to provide input & post a link to this thread in TB.

Reading a thread that exists in that forum & clicking on a link there that brought me to the airline's website, would this be the suggested name change (ie, the new forum title)?

LANTAM|LATAM Pass

Also it's been suggested that if we do the name change we consider moving all the TAM threads from the "other north & south america" forum into the current existing LAN but new name change forum. Thoughts? Pros/cons?

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Apr 8, 2016 at 10:44 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.