Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Voting over, motion passed: Changing the Avianca Forum Name

Voting over, motion passed: Changing the Avianca Forum Name

Old Mar 23, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum/1MM, Hilton Diamond
Both the votes of SkiAdcock and jackal are not shown.

bdschobel and kokonutz are not on TalkBoard.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 3:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Ask him.
I thought I had.

Maybe he'll come here and post his reasons. I know he's been posting on FT during the last week or so. You can verify this, of course, by clicking on the username and then "find other posts by...."
Yes, thanks and I do know how to navigate FT after all these years.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 3:18 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
So sorry about the wrong names, this was my first time reporting a finished vote and I was using an old template and I did it sloppily, no excuses, my fault.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 4:41 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by tcook052
I thought I had.

Yes, thanks and I do know how to navigate FT after all these years.
I know you know which I why I said "of course" in my post, but there might be other readers here who don't know many of the tricks that FT can do. It's certainly the case that I've been gradually learning my way around here ever since I joined.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 7:45 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by Smaug
Both the votes of SkiAdcock and jackal are not shown.

bdschobel and kokonutz are not on TalkBoard.
Whew! I thought I was having PTSD flashbacks!
Old Mar 23, 2016, 7:54 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by CMK10
So sorry about the wrong names, this was my first time reporting a finished vote and I was using an old template and I did it sloppily, no excuses, my fault.
Maybe you should have said "time zone issue"
Old Mar 23, 2016, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by goalie
Maybe you should have said "time zone issue"
Nah, I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't take responsibility for my own mistakes. Plus I'm an elected official, I have to be honest, right?
Old Mar 24, 2016, 9:41 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Nah, I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't take responsibility for my own mistakes. Plus I'm an elected official, I have to be honest, right?
Only if you're from Boston or Chicago
Old Mar 26, 2016, 4:08 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Great to see this motion passed. It was a simple name change, but it's always good to have all the program names updated.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 8:33 pm

Given all the teeth-gnashing and volume over a TB member missing a vote last year it's curious there's been none in this case. A kinder and gentler TB?
Old Mar 26, 2016, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tcook052
Given all the teeth-gnashing and volume over a TB member missing a vote last year it's curious there's been none in this case. A kinder and gentler TB?
It's been handled in the private forum. We're trying to keep some of our business there as much as possible to avoid some of the animosity of last year.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 8:48 pm

It's been handled in the private forum. We're trying to keep some of our business there as much as possible to avoid some of the animosity of last year.
I appreciate the effort. Thank you.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Still, it would be appropriate for that member to post the "why or why not" in case said member chooses to run for TB again in the future.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Still, it would be appropriate for that member to post the "why or why not" in case said member chooses to run for TB again in the future.
I agree, I think he should, but I can't force him to do it and I'm not going to copy and paste private discussions.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 11:51 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Agree.

And that's true of any motion, whether the vote is yes/no/abstain or did not vote. I strongly believe TB members owe it to FTers (their constituents) to explain when asked. However, the guidelines do not require TB members to post in the public forum at all. Perhaps amending the guidelines is something for TB to consider moving forward.

But as CMK says we currently can't force him to post & it would be inappropriate to post private posts in the public forum.

The good news is the forum name change was made quickly by the CommunityDirector.

Cheers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.