Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Private Jet Forum discussion ("Other Air Travel..." forum now open)

Private Jet Forum discussion ("Other Air Travel..." forum now open)

Old May 25, 2016, 3:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by tcook052
While I understand this one being included we would be splitting for-profit land and air events apart and can't help but wonder if that will confuse some members.
I wasn't thinking of the DO aspects at all, which would obviously stay in either Exernal...Resources or communityBuzz (depending on whether "nonprofit" or not, as is done now), but the nitty gritty of such one-time group charter flights. I only mentioned MegaDOs as an example of one such group that does such charter flights.

Another example might be the "educational" tours with faculty experts arranged by some college alumni associations, but I suspect this these are for-profit activities.
Old May 25, 2016, 7:57 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
AFAIK Top Gun is military. The same might be true of UFOs.
Old May 28, 2016, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Well let's start with this list (below). Since you outed yourself earlier in the thread as being the creator of the list, this is a starting point. FTers can then chime in on what else should possibly be included & we can move on w/ getting the forum created.

"Private jets, owned or leased by the individual or business, with maintenance, etc. often outsourced

Private jet shared ownership programs

General rental of private aircraft, with or without crew provided

Private jet charter programs of major carriers, like DL Private Jets, that might or might not carry FF program miles and elite status

Sports charters, etc.

One time charters for private groups, like the MegaDO flights

Charter flights, often in connection with packaged tours (less common now than previously?)

Helicopters (often airport service, so this would belong in destination fora except for discussion of operators that span regions and general issues, plus sightseeing helicopter flights)

Fixed wing sight seeing flights (belongs in destination fora, except for general issues and any interregional operators)

Balloons (general issues only, with remainder in destination fora)

Gliders (general issues, with remainder in destination fora)

Commercial flights into space, any type of vehicle

Flight schools and flying lessons"

FTers, what say you? What else should be included? Please note the forum description won't be that long but having a list of possible things will make it easier for mods to move threads to the new forum.

Cheers.
Thoughts:

1. The suggested title in post 90 is fine.

2. The list above is pretty all encompassing.

3. The level of bickering between TalkBoard members is tedious and should be conducted outside of this thread, out of respect for the OP making the suggestion.

4. Maybe crack on and get something done as the debate has been going on a long time and there seems general support.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 10:31 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I've made a motion in the private forum. Once/if it gets seconded we'll move forward w/ the process.

Cheers.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 11:09 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
The forum has been opened for posting by the Community Director:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...ir-travel.html

I hope everyone enjoys it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.