Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Talkboard election results

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2015, 10:30 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by CMK10
I would do everything in my power to fight against mandatory elections. This is a travel website, not a totalitarian regime. I'm sorry more people aren't interested in voting but I'm not going to force it on people.
I agree...

...but I might consider a one-time notice which would appear on the screen when someone logs onto FlyerTalk pertaining to the election of members of TalkBoard where the voting is optional and voluntary; and that would depend on how that notice is delivered — perhaps as a small floating window in the lower right corner of the screen which would easily disappear with one click.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I agree...

...but I might consider a one-time notice which would appear on the screen when someone logs onto FlyerTalk pertaining to the election of members of TalkBoard where the voting is optional and voluntary; and that would depend on how that notice is delivered — perhaps as a small floating window in the lower right corner of the screen which would easily disappear with one click.
This is not a bad idea. I am one of the people who voted, so perhaps you are preaching to the converted. Clearly, I think that TB has an important role to play in our community, or I would not have voted. I do think it would be a good thing to find ways to get the community more involved in the TB elections without coercing them to do so, and your proposal sounds workable without being coercive.

Thank you to all who are putting thought and effort into this. Please know that your work is noted and appreciated.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I agree...

A reasonable idea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.