Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2015, 9:37 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Voting Ended / Motion Passed: creation of Copa | ConnectMiles forum

Moved by kokonutz and seconded by CMK10:

TalkBoard recommends a motion for the creation of Copa ConnectMiles forum.

This vote will close on Nov 2, 2015 , at 11:00AM* CDT or after all TalkBoard members have registered their vote, whichever comes first.

Per the TalkBoard Guidelines:

A motion shall pass if at least two-thirds of the yes or no votes cast by TalkBoard members are ‘yes’ and a majority of the total TalkBoard membership votes 'yes' after voting opens 2 days after a site-wide announcement.

The purpose of posting voting topics in the public TalkBoard Topics forum is to solicit member feedback on any motions that are up for a vote and to allow for comments after a vote is made. It is at the sole discretion of the individual TalkBoard members whether they choose to post in the public discussion thread, there being no requirement to do so.

So while there is already a thread and discussion on this general topic and it is safe to assume that TalkBoard members have reviewed that thread, this thread is about this specific motion.

Please feel free to post questions, comments or any other sort of feedback in this thread or the discussion thread found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...les-forum.html

*will revise exact time once site-wide announcement is made

Last edited by jason8612; Oct 17, 2015 at 9:42 am
Old Oct 17, 2015, 12:06 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

A site wide announcement has been made and will remain visible for the next 7 days.

Prospero
Senior Moderator
Old Oct 17, 2015, 3:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Support and will be a good addition to FT.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 5:06 pm

Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG
I support this. Hoping for big things with Copa.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 5:53 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

This new forum will have my vote — unless there is considerable opposition against it about which I will consider.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Thank you Talkboard Members for taking such quick action regarding this item. Copa is a growing LATAM carrier that is expanding their USA Gateways. As a prior member of Mileage Plus (MP) a lively discussion regarding all things COPA (CM) took place in the UA Mileage Plus forum. Since the creation of Connect Miles there was no true forum for CM flyers to chat within. I assume the metrics within the new forum (if established) will make FT an even better and vibrant community. I for one would like to see this ratified. Thanks to all and Safe Travels.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 8:12 pm

Programs: AV LifeMiles, CM ConnectMiles, BA Exec Club. Former:ex-ASGold, ex-UA1K, ex-COPlat, ex-NWGold.
Not a board member and no longer a frequent poster, but I strongly support this idea for a Copa-specific forum. With the launch of ConnectMiles, especially it having many customers who were formally with MileagePlus, and being only the second current *A program in Latin America, it deserves a forum.

Since I now live in Latin America and do use Copa for some of my travels to/from North America, and may well switch to ConnectMiles as my primary *A program, I personally would be interested and likely to participate at least sometimes in that forum.

Thank you Talkboard for considering this.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 8:21 pm

Great! Hope this is merely a formality.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 9:07 pm

COPA Air Forum

Yes, I support the idea of a COPA Air Forum.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 2:03 am

Programs: UA, AA; British Avios
Yes to the new forum! thanks!
Old Oct 18, 2015, 6:00 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
I agree, especially given the amount of countries and cities they service.

We really ought to combine a forum for LCC's as well.

And the ordering of the subforums is pretty bad right now: why is "Hawaii-Based Airlines", "India-Based Airlines", and "Russia-Based Airlines" all interspersed between actual airline programs?

They should be put at the bottom with all the "others".

The amount of activity in the Russia subforum is also abysmal to be warranting its own..
Old Oct 18, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by keitherson
And the ordering of the subforums is pretty bad right now: why is "Hawaii-Based Airlines", "India-Based Airlines", and "Russia-Based Airlines" all interspersed between actual airline programs?

They should be put at the bottom with all the "others".
You probably had missed our earlier discussion on that very topic. Please visit this old thread for details:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...-programs.html

The amount of activity in the Russia subforum is also abysmal to be warranting its own..
Normally folks start a new thread to suggest closure of any particular existing forum (linky to a recent example). Or you may check out this thread and see how to proceed with suggestions.

Since this thread is about creating Copa/CoonecMiles Forum, it's better to stick to the topic at hand.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 11:55 am

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
Absolutely Support it!

And BTW, how many Pres Plat. are around here?
Can I nominate myself as moderator?
Old Oct 18, 2015, 1:50 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I support the new forum. Great to see such interest in the new program
Old Oct 18, 2015, 7:39 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Good news.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.